PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 / 8.1 phone

Custom Search

Taminol
06-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys,

We have a client who would like to print from a Window 8 / 8.1 phone
I've used iOS and Android Pagescope Mobile before and they work fine. But I'm told there isn't this app for the Windows 8 phone. Spoke with KM today and they knew of no plans for a Windows phone app.
I don't have a Windows 8 phone so can only experiment on my Android.
I thought Direct Print would help, worked fine on the Droid. So I let the client know, but when he tries nothing happens.
When I say nothing, I mean he can browse to the PSWC, get to the Direct Print tab and even hit the Browse button, but the phone shows nothing there to print.
The devices they are trying to connect to are the C360 series and C364e series.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Tam

Taminol
06-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Wow, I'm really surprised not to have had a single reply.
I guess these Windows 8 mobile devices aren't that popular.

I did a little research and found that by adding an LK-110 I can get the device to accept attachments of emails sent directly to it.
It also adds other functionality like searchable PDF's, but only really interested in printing print ready attachment files.
I'm guessing the license if for Microsoft Word, Excel etc and the searchable PDF.
Can I simply setup the POP3 side of the email in PSWC and it will work?

Any takers.....?

Regards

Tam

mascan42
06-21-2014, 04:17 AM
Windows tablets and phones running Windows RT or 8 should have built-in KM drivers that will work with most models.

Taminol
06-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Windows tablets and phones running Windows RT or 8 should have built-in KM drivers that will work with most models.

Thanks for your reply.
This is a Windows mobile phone running Windows Phone 8, not the same as Windows 8.
As far as I know they are different, with no native printing ability in the Windows Phone 8

Custom Search