PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 423 License Management Error

Custom Search

copierwhisper
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello Everyone! Last week we had a machine in the field that required a "data clear" to resolve an issue...the good news the original issue has been resolved by the data clear, the bad news is now I'm left with a License Management Error". I formatted the HDD, loaded NVRAM and Base firmware to recover the machine and the last thing is this error message. I thought I read somewhere about a process or dip switch settings to get rid of the message rather than getting a repair code from KM. Any ideas?

Max
06-16-2014, 04:24 PM
I believe the code is the only way. Fairly straight forward give KM a code and they send u a new one.

emujo
06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
If the MFP was licensed (any LK) you may be able to get the repair code yourself through the LMS server. If it was never licensed and the error is due to the data clear your did, you will have to speak with a rep, send them the repair request code by fax, and they can fax back the repair code. There isn't any other way to clear this error. The good news is it isn't a life threatening error and the MFP will run just fine cleared or not. Emujo

Custom Search