PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub c360 : movie data problem

Custom Search

mta007
06-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Hello !

i have some problem, 5 days ago my KM bizhub c360 ask me: no movie data.
I try to get it trhougt KM support: no way.
I try to do a firmware update to resolve the problem (perhaps) but i can't find the firmware file.
Can anyone help me .

This movie data = what is this, because now I can't scan any sheets.
Thanks a lot.

darry1322
06-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Movie Data is the file that provides the animated help. It can be found on the KonicaMinolta service portal. The file is separate from firmware.

The file is stored on the HDD, so a hard drive format will erase the file requiring a reload.

emujo
06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
The lack of a movie data will not cause scanning issues...it's just a message. Emujo

JR2ALTA
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Not quite right emujo, we can deduce the movie data was lost from a hard drive failure, which would effect scanning

emujo
06-16-2014, 08:02 PM
True, a HDD error could cause scanning issues, but I didn't want the poster to get all whacked out because the movie file wasn't loaded. The MFP works fine without the movie data. Fix the scan issue, then worry about the movie file. Emujo

David Morrison
06-16-2014, 08:03 PM
I might have the file you the file you need. Do you know how to install it?

mta007
06-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for your support.

To emujo: just after the "movie data" message i scaned 1 or 2 sheets and after the MFP stop and sayind that the job stop, cause to an error, see the log : witch log,where is it ? i didn't found this log. And i like a clean machine, with no error messages :cool: it a plus for me to erase this message.

Then I suppose that a movie data uploding or a firmware update can resolve my problem. isn't it?

To David Morrison: i have to load the movie file in the usb port, and access to the admin menu and do the operation related in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5zfNxcwew

I will really apreciate the file :D

Thanks all!

emujo
06-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Ah, a "youtube" trained tech....We don't know how you're scanning...FTP, SMB, Email...you need to look at the job list/job status, find a scan job that has failed, highlight it and touch details. This should give you a more defined reason why it failed...Server Connect, login, no specified folder etc...It sounds to me like you've done something more that formatted the HDD. Simply doing a logical format should not erase any network setting info. It will delete any stored one touches, but if you are emailing, then you can do a direct input. If you really did some kind of "Data Clear" then you might have other issues that might require a KM tech to visit. Emujo

mikeena
06-16-2014, 08:54 PM
I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MESSAGE CAUSE A SCANNING ISSUE YES IF THE HDD IS BAD THEN IT WILL. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT THEN IT WAS NOT THE ERROR CAUSING A ISSUE. ALL THE MOVIE DATA IS, IS JUST IMAGES ECT. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SCANNING. i WOULD TRY THE FIRMWARE BUT IF IT DOES NOT WORK INSTALLING IT LOOK AT THE HARD DRIVE. IF IT DOES INSTALL YOU WILL MOST LIKELY STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SCANNING.

mta007
06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
hi emujo!

yes a Self made man ! I like to understand a little my hardware because i have only one multifunction !!!! if it stoped all my little company stop :(
I will try to see the log tomorow with your indication and i'll give you a feed back.
i scan on SMB mode, in a shared folder.

The firmware update can resolve this issue? or i lose my time to try the FW update?

Thanks.

mta007
06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
. i WOULD TRY THE FIRMWARE BUT IF IT DOES NOT WORK INSTALLING IT LOOK AT THE HARD DRIVE. IF IT DOES INSTALL YOU WILL MOST LIKELY STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SCANNING.

Tomorow i will research a "how to" and the FW file to execute the update.
Thanks.

emujo
06-16-2014, 09:13 PM
W/o knowing what the message is, I can't guess. Firmware can be very useful, but when a process stops working due to something you did to the MFP, or a hardware issue, updating firmware is of little use. For example, you upgraded to Windows 8 and there is a update to correct SMB scan failures to a Win 8 platform, yes firmware may help. Another example, your network changed, new router, ISP, another computer fighting for the same IP address, then no firmware wont help. What happened to start your issue? Emujo

mta007
06-16-2014, 09:28 PM
thanks i 'll give you a feed back tomorow !
Bye :)

blackcat4866
06-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Not quite right emujo, we can deduce the movie data was lost from a hard drive failure, which would effect scanning

I was thinking that exact same thought just before reading your post JR.

True, a HDD error could cause scanning issues, but I didn't want the poster to get all whacked out because the movie file wasn't loaded. The MFP works fine without the movie data. Fix the scan issue, then worry about the movie file. Emujo

There are only three reasons why the movie data might be lost under normal circumstances;
1) HDD failure.
2) HDD is UnSet.
3) HDD has been reformatted.

All three will cause loss of scan to email data and addressbook and Movie Data, and thusly no scan to email or movie data. The first two can happen all by themselves. The last would require a little help, but an overzealous enduser might think that they were fixing something by re-formatting the HDD, and not knowing the consequences. =^..^=

mta007
06-17-2014, 09:07 AM
W/o knowing what the message is, I can't guess. Firmware can be very useful, but when a process stops working due to something you did to the MFP, or a hardware issue, updating firmware is of little use. For example, you upgraded to Windows 8 and there is a update to correct SMB scan failures to a Win 8 platform, yes firmware may help. Another example, your network changed, new router, ISP, another computer fighting for the same IP address, then no firmware wont help. What happened to start your issue? Emujo

Hi all!

Thanks to emujo :scan is already running !!! cool :)
I check the log error: there was a login faillure in all of the smb folders !!?? don't know why.
I connect to the KM bizhub c360 througt the web interface, re-chek all the login and password and its ok.

Now i'am searching how to erase the "movie data" warning.

Thanks to all.

copier addict
06-17-2014, 02:14 PM
To get rid of the movie data message, you will have to install the movie data. Call a tech. He/she will be able to install it for you.

mta007
06-17-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't have a care contrat, i 'll do it myself. It's a second hand machine.

emujo
06-17-2014, 03:15 PM
You wont be able to get the movie data file from KM. Someone outside the company will have to provide this for you. Again, you don't need the movie file to use the MFP. It's just a "how to clear jams" image file. I would just live with it. Emujo

mta007
06-17-2014, 06:10 PM
You wont be able to get the movie data file from KM. Someone outside the company will have to provide this for you. Again, you don't need the movie file to use the MFP. It's just a "how to clear jams" image file. I would just live with it. Emujo

you are rigth can't found it in KM support!
If anyone have this movie data file, it will be very helpfull ;)

mta007
06-20-2014, 04:37 PM
no way to found the movie data file aroud me.

rrrohan
06-20-2014, 04:48 PM
No one bothers to watch movie data, if they did 25% of my "fault" calls wouldn't be booked.

paulrid
06-20-2014, 05:03 PM
I've been looking for the animation files with no luck, I find it very difficult to find anything on the CSES website.
paul.

emujo
06-20-2014, 06:26 PM
If you have access to the KM site you can find it under special firmware. See attached. Emujo

paulrid
06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
If you have access to the KM site you can find it under special firmware. See attached. Emujo

Thanks emujo, I have access through develop but I'm not sure if that gives me full access.
I'll have another look.
paul.

Custom Search