PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera 2551ci / Utax 2500ci - Full Colour Bars on Prints

Custom Search

autopilot
06-17-2014, 11:37 AM

We have a 2500ci which is a Kyocera 2551ci.

The machine had only been out at customer for about a week and it started to print colour bands across the page as in above attachment. Printing in black and white works fine this only happens when you attempt to print in colour.

We ended up swapping the machine and I have been working on it back at the workshop. Naturally after a firmware upgrade didn't fix I just started swapping parts.

So far I have changed:

Transfer Belt
LSU
Main Board
High Voltage Board
Engine Board
Engine Connect Board

These were largely uneducated guesses.

I have printed out the event log and maintenance report and there seems to be a code C7620 registering. The strange thing is this hasn't actually shown up as the usual Machine Failure C code it just seems to keep logging. It refers to ID sensor timing error: colour registration correction failed. I had initially assumed that this was a symptom rather than the cause of the fault but I'm not so sure anymore.

Has anyone had anything similar to this even on other TaskAlfa colour devices?

Tonerkiller
06-17-2014, 02:18 PM
That is a strange one. I think it is a pinched wire.

blackandwhite
06-18-2014, 06:59 PM
That is a strange one. I think it is a pinched wire.

i agreed.... try to change developing units one by one with a other running machine....i faced the same problem in TA 300...the yellow developing unit caused the problem for me....after changing all pcb ,transfer unit i came to dev-unit...finally i got...

JVergin
06-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Just curious, did your example jam or did the machine reboot before the paper got to the fuser? I see a fingerprint in one of the color bands. If it's rebooting and logging a C code mid print I'd agree with the previous post. Probably a pinched wire, or someone put a tie wrap on too tight, cut through the casing and now a wire is touching the frame. We recently had a 2550ci brand new not boot up for us if the doc processor was connected. Found a frayed wire that might have touched the frame and caused the scanner board to partially go out.

autopilot
06-18-2014, 09:31 PM
It was jamming in the fuser because the paper they were using was curling badly with the amount of toner. I haven't actually seen any C codes on screen.

I will swap out the devs and see if it makes a difference.

Will have another look at the cables aswell although I didn't notice anything when changing the boards.

Thanks for input

jmaister
06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
It was jamming in the fuser because the paper they were using was curling badly with the amount of toner. I haven't actually seen any C codes on screen.

I will swap out the devs and see if it makes a difference.

Will have another look at the cables aswell although I didn't notice anything when changing the boards.

Thanks for input

laser doesnt have the "start/stop" instruction. it was suppose to be the thin colour band on top, but it went full page but within the print margin?

Its color only too??

what would this fall under, print pcb?

Alexkyocera
04-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Hi Did you find a fix for the color bands, I have the same problem! Help!!

blackcat4866
04-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Most likely you've got a broken developer spacer on one of the developing units. When that developer bias arcs to the drum it shorts out the HVT, When the HVT shorts out you lose primary charge briefly. When you lose primary charge briefly you get a bar of each color, all simultaneously at the same time. If it happens on a ledger size page, you'll see all of the (4) bars on one page, exactly the same width, about 3" apart.

It's tempting to replace only the developing unit, but alas, those arcs to the drum have damaged the same color drum even though you can't see any physical evidence. The spots won't go away without replacing the drum also, so you might as well order the drum at the same time.

Can you guess what color developing unit was damaged on my machine? =^..^=

Alexkyocera
04-26-2016, 11:56 PM
Thank you so much, I am going to try and interchange the units. If i had to take a guess, id say Yellow developing unit

Most likely you've got a broken developer spacer on one of the developing units. When that developer bias arcs to the drum it shorts out the HVT, When the HVT shorts out you lose primary charge briefly. When you lose primary charge briefly you get a bar of each color, all simultaneously at the same time. If it happens on a ledger size page, you'll see all of the (4) bars on one page, exactly the same width, about 3" apart.

It's tempting to replace only the developing unit, but alas, those arcs to the drum have damaged the same color drum even though you can't see any physical evidence. The spots won't go away without replacing the drum also, so you might as well order the drum at the same time.

Can you guess what color developing unit was damaged on my machine? =^..^=

blackcat4866
04-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Bingo. =^..^=

Alexkyocera
04-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Bingo. =^..^=

These are my samples, I find that the machine prints black and white okay.

See attached

Custom Search