PDA

View Full Version : Prep for storage.

Custom Search

Joseph.ARM
06-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Morning everyone,

I just wanted to get some recommendations for storing a 1200p and c65hc. The printers will probably be stored for at least a year, the warehouse is not climate controlled (not my first choice but I don't sign my paycheck). I figured I would pull the toner bottles and replace the waste containers. Also wrap them in plastic. What do you guys think about the developer? Should I clean it out as well? If there is anything else please let me know.

Thank you,
Joseph

emujo
06-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Don't know much about production MFPs, but for office equipment, I would also think about anything that has pressure applied to it...Fuser for example. Nothing like a big flat spot for fuser issues. These things come with all sorts of lockdown brackets for shipping, it might be worth the peace of mind to have a KM rep come out and prep them. I do know the biggest headache will be when you put them back together, our techs spend hours getting them leveled out and matched back up properly...just my 2 cents. Emujo

blackcat4866
06-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Don't know much about production MFPs, but for office equipment, I would also think about anything that has pressure applied to it...

Same here. I would remove fixing pressure, drum cleaning blades, ... maybe even spacing out the registration rollers at the ends so they don't touch. Definitely use professional copier movers. No matter how well intentioned, your good buddy Jeb will end up busting something off unintentionally. =^..^=

Custom Search