PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 361 421 501 series lines and blank copies

Custom Search

blazebusiness
06-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Just got a service call for bizhub 361 that makes blank copies with black lines. Sounds like the oacb or the scanner has failed. Probably time to upgrade the unit anyway....... No work/disassembly has been done to the copier prior to the failure so I don't suspect the ribbon cable. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. We have a bunch of these units in the field. No error codes are coming up......just copies like all is good but no image. Just black lines or blank page. Input much appreciated.

chivozx
06-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Lo primero que te aconsejo sería actualizar Firmware.

Si tienes más maquinas probaria a intercambiar el laser. Algo parecido me ocurrio hace tiempo.

El ruido, ¿de que zona viene?

Saludos.

####====================================####

The first thing I would advise you to upgrade Firmware.

If you have more machines would prove to exchange the laser. Something similar happened to me a while.

The noise, how is that area?

Greetings.

blazebusiness
06-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Lo primero que te aconsejo sería actualizar Firmware.

Si tienes más maquinas probaria a intercambiar el laser. Algo parecido me ocurrio hace tiempo.

El ruido, ¿de que zona viene?

Saludos.

####====================================####

The first thing I would advise you to upgrade Firmware.

If you have more machines would prove to exchange the laser. Something similar happened to me a while.

The noise, how is that area?

Greetings.

thanks for responding..... There is no noise whatsoever , the machine runs like everything is normal. Just lines on a blank copy. I will be going there today and my procedure for a problem like this will be the following:

Try to scan to their network to eliminate or identify the scanner as the problem

if scanning is possible I'll run an internal test print to see what I get

I will probably disable the hard drive to see if there is any change in the problem if the test print is blank with lines and the reseat all the boards and finally unmount the ic chip for printing and try again to see if that is the issue,I guess a laser issue is a possibility but my money is on the scanner or the oacb board.
I will Let you all know what I find.........

chivozx
06-17-2014, 10:03 PM
si, lo primero es identificar si el error esta en el escaner. Con el test del "pajaro" en el menu usuario te vale.
Si sale mal con los test del modo tecnico pueden ayudarte.
Aunque este actualizado el fimware prueba a reescribirlo, es mas comodo que desmontar.
Si, una causa podria ser el ic chip...
Espero noticias tuyas y que sean buenas.

####=============####

yes, you should first identify if the error is in the scanner. With the test of the "bird" in the user menu you better.
If the test goes wrong with the technician so they can help.
Although this, test updated fimware rewriting, it is more comfortable to disassemble :cool:
Yes, a cause could be the ic chip ...
I hope to hear from you and are good :D

blazebusiness
06-17-2014, 10:27 PM
si, lo primero es identificar si el error esta en el escaner. Con el test del "pajaro" en el menu usuario te vale.
Si sale mal con los test del modo tecnico pueden ayudarte.
Aunque este actualizado el fimware prueba a reescribirlo, es mas comodo que desmontar.
Si, una causa podria ser el ic chip...
Espero noticias tuyas y que sean buenas.

####=============####

yes, you should first identify if the error is in the scanner. With the test of the "bird" in the user menu you better.
If the test goes wrong with the technician so they can help.
Although this, test updated fimware rewriting, it is more comfortable to disassemble :cool:
Yes, a cause could be the ic chip ...
I hope to hear from you and are good :D
Initilally customer had no code but by the time we showed up.....c-6702 code came up, so certainly issue in the scanner area , probably ccd board or oacb since the scan lamp does light up and motor is moving the lamp properly to home position. Cleaned optics to eliminate reduced reflected lamp intensity causing an agc issue. Guess we will have to start with the CCD array and see what happens if reseating the ribbon cable doesn't help.

blazebusiness
06-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Reseating the ribbon cable various times did nothing to fix the issue. Cleaning the end of the ribbon cable with alcohol and then drying it and reseating it fixed the issue. Hopefully the problem won't return. Customer is very happy to be up and running again. Thanks for your replies.

blackcat4866
06-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Great fix blaze! Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

Custom Search