PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 C2557 after dev unit change.

Custom Search

wseyller
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Error C2557. I changed the developer unit, developer, and the drum all at once. Counters cleared correctly. F8 I noticed was taking longer than usual and it didn't sound like it was doing much. Got C255C error.

After trouble reset it always codes right away C2557

On phone with KMBS rep. We tried different ATDC SET settings no luck. I notice that when running F8 the toner bottle doesn't turn.

Only errors in service history is the C2557 (about 15 of them) and the C255C.

KMBS rep recommended PWB-A board.

Want to see what everyone's thoughts are. I am 100% sure I did the replace of these parts correctly as I have much experience doing these and know how picky they are.

Some history: The drum I just replaced was at 20% when I arrived. I changed this drum and dev back in Feb when it coded C2557. A year before that I changed dev unit, dev, and drum after it had coded C2557.

copier addict
06-19-2014, 07:59 PM
The first place I would start is an ATDC sensor. I know you said you replaced the dev unit, but it could still be bad. Then try the PWB-A.

I have been working on these machines since they came out and last week was the first time I have experienced an issue doing an F-8. I cleared the counters, checked to make sure they had cleared, ran the F-8 and got a C-2557. I again checked the counters and the drum counter had magically gone back to it's pre-cleared state. I cleared it again, ran F-8 and all was well.
I know this has nothing to do with your issue, I just thought I would share. lol

wseyller
06-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes I always check the counter again before F8. I know the same issues.

But let me ask. Would a bad sensor cause the bottle to never turn during F8. There are no other error codes listed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

copier addict
06-19-2014, 09:36 PM
As far as I know the bottle shouldn't turn during F-8. Plus, if the sub-hopper is already full, it doesn't need to turn.
The dev comes with optimum t/c ratio so no toner is adding during an F-8

wseyller
06-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Ah didn't realize it came that way.

fixthecopier
06-20-2014, 04:08 AM
I wish you well. Last month i had a 350 that started doing that. We literally rebuilt the whole thing. Every board, hopper, erase lamp, power supply. Nothing worked. The machine was due to be replaced, and the new one was delivered while service manager was changing power supply. We sent it back to lease company, still broke. Would love to know what fixes it.

Hansoon
06-20-2014, 04:36 AM
"
Solution ID TAUS0808236EN* Solution Usage 0
Description
What can cause the machine to intermittently display a C-2557 code even after the Imaging Unit and PWB-A have been replaced?
Solution
The machinemay intermittently display a C-2557 code even after the Imaging Unit and PWB-A have been replaced if the cooling fan M5 is starting to fail.
Please replace cooling fan M5 (p/n 9313-1100-33).
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Dave Bruni, Workgroup/SSD "

Hans

wseyller
06-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Nice find Hansoon. That will be one of the parts I grab from a spare parts machine.

rrrohan
06-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Had this during training today. Techj didn't screw in the 2 screws after removing drum and dev

EarthKmTech
06-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Have you checked the toner adding solenoid as per my post;
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/89400-paper-jam-bizhub-350-a.html?highlight=2557

When it gets stuck open you will get 2557's intermittently as toner is added uncontrollably. Even if it isnt stuck open, operate it and see if the foam is sticky in the open position. if it does not release instantly you have a problem.

wseyller
06-21-2014, 03:50 PM
OK I have it fixed I believe. I tried a 2nd IU and it does not code out right away. This was the same behavior as the 1st. But after running F8 you get C255C. Then after that it always codes right way with C2557 after trouble reset. So I replaced the pwb-a board but it still codes out right away after trouble reset. I then try the M5 cooling fan as well but no change. Then I try a 3rd IU and it then worked with no problem. Im wondering if the board was damaging the TCR sensor.

blackcat4866
06-21-2014, 04:00 PM
That was a costly fix on an old POS. =^..^=

richwalker
06-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Have you checked the toner adding solenoid as per my post;
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/89400-paper-jam-bizhub-350-a.html?highlight=2557

When it gets stuck open you will get 2557's intermittently as toner is added uncontrollably. Even if it isnt stuck open, operate it and see if the foam is sticky in the open position. if it does not release instantly you have a problem.

I agree with EarthKMTech, check the toner adding solenoid to ensure it's not sticking in the open position. If it is, then clean it and replace developer and run F8 again.

Richwalker.

wseyller
06-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Well the problem came back. Going the shop now the get the more parts that were suggested.

wseyller
06-23-2014, 07:34 PM
EarthKMTech hit the nail on the head. That solenoid was stuck open. I removed it and cleaned. Replaced dev and run F8. Feel confident that should do it hopefully.

wseyller
06-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Damn it. Just got another call on this one same code. Bout to lose my mind over this machine.

TinCanSailor7505
06-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Sir, When you cleared the counter. Did you press End. Then power of the machine. Do not log out of service mode then turn off the machine. Press End and power off (using Main Power switch). Have seen counts reappear if you don't shut off main power. And log out of service mode. For F8 Toner bottle does not turn. Hope this helps.

wseyller
06-24-2014, 01:53 AM
Sir, When you cleared the counter. Did you press End. Then power of the machine. Do not log out of service mode then turn off the machine. Press End and power off (using Main Power switch). Have seen counts reappear if you don't shut off main power. And log out of service mode. For F8 Toner bottle does not turn. Hope this helps.

YES, I've done this more time than I can count. You're just telling me basic info that someone else already posted. I am very familiar with what you are saying. This C2557 is not your average I promise you.

Bizhub350
06-25-2014, 02:50 AM
you need to replace the foam on the solenoid located at the back of the toner housing carriage, the solenoid is sticky that's why your toner does not rotate that also the cause of C2557.

copier addict
06-25-2014, 05:19 PM
YES, I've done this more time than I can count. You're just telling me basic info that someone else already posted. I am very familiar with what you are saying. This C2557 is not your average I promise you.

Are you able to check the T/C ratio while it is coded to see if it is over or under toning the dev?
That may give you a place to start anyway.
Hope this helps.

wseyller
06-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Well when I went back I found the solenoid I cleaned the foam off of was again stuck open. So I replaced the entire hopper drive assembly and the toner hopper too since it was convenient and then put new dev in. Then I ran the living piss out of it. Solenoid not stuck after vigorous test. Bottle turn good. Hopefully that is the end of that.

Now the solenoid I cleaned it stuck but once I freed it was was not sticking anymore. It has no adhesive residue anymore so I don't know why it was sticking. Is it because I didn't replace the foam. I don't even know what the foam does.

ZOOTECH
06-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Well when I went back I found the solenoid I cleaned the foam off of was again stuck open. So I replaced the entire hopper drive assembly and the toner hopper too since it was convenient and then put new dev in. Then I ran the living piss out of it. Solenoid not stuck after vigorous test. Bottle turn good. Hopefully that is the end of that.

Now the solenoid I cleaned it stuck but once I freed it was was not sticking anymore. It has no adhesive residue anymore so I don't know why it was sticking. Is it because I didn't replace the foam. I don't even know what the foam does.

It sticks because of 'residual magnetism' - a piece of scotch tape will fix that.

wseyller
06-26-2014, 01:22 AM
It sticks because of 'residual magnetism' - a piece of scotch tape will fix that.
That was my guess of how it sticked but wasnt certain that was why. Thanks for the clarification. Learn something new everyday.

Imsdal
06-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Hello..

I had the same problem with a bizhub250 the error code C2557 come as soon I turn on the machine even after I changed the drum and the developer (original) and clear all the counters and turn off the machine exactly as is shown in the service manual. What I did was I press down the button Help/Counter at the same time I turn on the machine and the trouble reset shows on the display. I enter the service mode from there and I run F8 2 or 3 times and I changed the transfer roller and the problem went away. I has past 6 months and the customer is very happy with the job.
Hope this will help

Have a nice Day.

Imsdal

Custom Search