PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C203 Waste Toner Pipe cleaning?

Custom Search

leoace
06-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,

i have technical trouble with a bizhub c203. The first technican replaced transfer belt, fuser and IU without success. I throught the harsh noise of defective gears came from the main drive unit, but after replacing this one the machine now keeps telling us "insert waste toner box" after a few rotations - still with the terrible noise.

I know that the c220/c280 series got that problem with blocked waste toner pipes and i guess its the same problem here.

My question - is there a better way to replace or clean the waste toner pipe as removing the whole back/pcb cage/drive unit ect.???

thanks

rrrohan
06-20-2014, 03:28 PM
I had one about 6 months ago. Pretty full on to strip it down sadly. I attempted VAC out port but when toner hardens even a good VAC won't be enough

Sounds like the previous tech needs to brush up on diagnostic skills if they tried a fuser unit

leoace
06-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I had one about 6 months ago. Pretty full on to strip it down sadly. I attempted VAC out port but when toner hardens even a good VAC won't be enough

Sounds like the previous tech needs to brush up on diagnostic skills if they tried a fuser unit

Yeah i guess its too late for a simple cleaning with duster/compressed air or similar if the gears dont move anymore and the machine stops completly... sigh ... fine, will stip the bitch again then. I thought it might be possible to reach the pipe from the front without too much trouble.

My coworker told me there was no noise (?wtf?) at his visit so these parts have been ordered and replaced on spec

hotfuser
06-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah i guess its too late for a simple cleaning with duster/compressed air or similar if the gears dont move anymore and the machine stops completly... sigh ... fine, will stip the bitch again then. I thought it might be possible to reach the pipe from the front without too much trouble.

My coworker told me there was no noise (?wtf?) at his visit so these parts have been ordered and replaced on spec

This is a pain in the backside. If you take the horizontal casing off so you expose the toners, remove the toners you will see which one is blocked.
Try forcing a stiff wire down the chute too unblock and vac out. This hopefully will save a strip down.

Have fun

ck1
06-23-2014, 10:27 AM
This is a pain in the backside. If you take the horizontal casing off so you expose the toners, remove the toners you will see which one is blocked.
Try forcing a stiff wire down the chute too unblock and vac out. This hopefully will save a strip down.

Have fun
Good idea... i will try it . thanks

ivovb
06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Have such a problem. After several disassembling, cleaning and changing gears I have 2 garbage and 4 days wasted... Good luck anyway.

BR

stevena86
06-24-2014, 12:52 AM
This is why we replace these machines when this happens. It seems almost impossible to completely resolve the issue once it arises. Good luck to you.

Synaux
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Perhaps this is why all users should install a dehumidifier and use only OEM toner?

fishleg
06-24-2014, 07:53 AM
The blockage will be in one of the toner hoppers not the waste toner. Best way is hoover hoppers out completely then use air compressor to blast the blockage out from the top. If left ages tho it destroys the gears that connect main drive to the toner drive and those are impossible to change >

ivovb
06-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Perhaps this is why all users should install a dehumidifier and use only OEM toner?

I am using OEM toner! Concerning dehumidifier, well this is good point.

BR

zalim
06-24-2014, 08:47 AM
i am not very good with this model but check your toner PIPE, it might be damaged or broken...

Hansoon
06-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Good Lord...... :rolleyes:

Hans

hotfuser
06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
I am using OEM toner! Concerning dehumidifier, well this is good point.

BR

It does happen with OEM toner as well as compatable. The problem occurs due to the toner solidifying in the chutes this is because the toner chute is near the rear of the fuser.
the exhaust fan doest not cool it down so the toner in the pipe gets hot and hardens causing the blockage.

i must have removed 15-20 machines with this problems.

have fun.

ivovb
06-24-2014, 03:12 PM
It does happen with OEM toner as well as compatable. The problem occurs due to the toner solidifying in the chutes this is because the toner chute is near the rear of the fuser.
the exhaust fan doest not cool it down so the toner in the pipe gets hot and hardens causing the blockage.

i must have removed 15-20 machines with this problems.

have fun.

Nice. Not happy with this info. Thanks anyway. Any workaround, because I would not like to remove more c203...

BR

stevena86
06-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Work around? I guess you could somehow retro fit an external waste toner system that bypasses the broken internal one? Haha, no.. No workaround really.

ivovb
06-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Work around? I guess you could somehow retro fit an external waste toner system that bypasses the broken internal one? Haha, no.. No workaround really.

Ha-ha, very funny. I mean is there any solution how to cool down effectively fuser unit near pipe? My experience from Toshiba reminds me about a problem with recycled toner of eS810. Is it possible to make pipe to work more time in order to transport waste toner fluently?

BR

MVPunisher
07-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Fix for the waste toner issue right here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChTqYlDjtI

copierwhisper
07-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Oh...I've been where you are with that machine. I requires a tremendous amount of work, you have to take the machine so far apart just to get to the pipe and it is likely the machine will not go back together without adding more issues. I have read many posts from other techs with the same issue on this model, many of them said they tried to take it out and they could never get the machine to work right again. We pulled the machine out of the field, too much tear down for a customers office. Good luck! We ultimately chose to replace the machine and pray to never have that problem again...:(

Custom Search