PDA

View Full Version : Minolta C252

Custom Search

jetskiparts
04-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Hello I am a new user to the site and need help.

I got my C252 back in Feb 07 - replaced my CF910 junker!

I love my c252 - I have 370,000 clicks on it. Yes 370,000 really!

I have an issue and need help.

The top tray (tray #1) will not feed consistanly. I am trying to print thick 2 paper out of the tray. Feed 2 sheets then jams. Minolta put in a entire new tray - did not help much. Recently installed new springs - did not help at all. Installed new rollers on the tray - helped for one load of 50 sheets maybe.

The bypass works perfectly but does not hold but 20 to 25 sheets of paper.

I need to print 12,000 sheets please help

mikeena
04-09-2008, 02:28 AM
where is it jamming at in the tray itself

jetskiparts
04-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Usually it will feed one sheet all the way into the fuser and then the sheet behind it gets inside the machine where the eyball sensors are and I think this is where the jam occurs.

I also of course have the sheet that never makes it out of the tray.also sometimes.

the paper is Hammermill color copy cover 216gsm

The paper is very smooth.

mikeena
04-09-2008, 02:44 AM
first things first does it say jam or misfeed. once you find this out ask one of the techs to see what the jam counters say. this will tell you exactly where it is jamming. why they replaced the drawer is beyond me. it does not sound like the drawer is having the issue. next try another paper that is the same thickness. i never believed paper could cause a problem untill i saw it myself. i felt like a dumb a$$ then. once you get where you jams cually happen let me know or if you are by the machine just send me a pri. message i will explain how to get to it

dudley
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
one thing to try if you are getting jamming on the heavy stock is to move the clear mylar guide out 2-3 mm. On the top paper tray there are 2 clear mylar guides by the feed roller, carefully peel the front off and stick it back down about 2-3mm out further. Its easier to do if you remove the front clip on the roller shaft and slide out the shaft from the front bushing. This works on everything from CF2001-C352. The mylar can be bent down by the heavy stock and the stock hits some of the guide fingers in the machine. By extending it the mylar now rests on those fingers

Custom Search