PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C6500 Error C0403

Custom Search

Dixie
06-22-2014, 10:18 AM
My C6500 has error C0403, which I believe is to do with the power supply for the PF.
The Stapler finisher does not go through its start up sequence when booting up machine, print engine boots if door is left open but then goes to error screen when its shut.
To clear an urgent small job is there a way round by disconnecting the PF and collecting the sheets straight out of the engine while waiting for the tech man to turn up?

Also intend to upgrade with newer machine, keeping the 6500 as back up. Recommendations on what to buy would be great.

Many thanks Dixie :cool:

methogod
06-23-2014, 12:34 PM
24VDC is not supplied to PF

I would just check all wires from the main body to the Paper feed unit. But most likely you got a board issue.

If no wires are loose, you can unplug the PF - but i would disconnect to see if the problem goes away.

If it does you can still run just not out of the PF trays. You can run up to 80# COVER FROM TRAY 1- OR use the bypass, but since you have never used the bypass it may not work without new rubber.

Smart upgrade is the C8000 if you have the volume, otherwise C7000 or C1070 which is the newer version.

Dixie
06-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Many thanks Methogod,

Disconnected the hi cap PF and the machine booted up fine, with the exception the touch screen asked for the already shut finisher door to be shut. Disconnected the engine from the finisher and told the creo it only has a paper tray and prints ok, so tomorrow the finisher will be replaced with the plastic tray to get the job out. (Machine looks rather lean and mean now)

Would like a single hi cap paper drawer any way as the double drawer unit top drawer was pretty useless any how.

Cheers Dixie

methogod
06-23-2014, 08:15 PM
i find the PF unit very usefull...

When i have a huge job i run out of both trays... Never have to refill paper

Custom Search