PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous The specific operation cannot be performed due to the operation of another process.

Custom Search

jayg30
06-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Hello,

I'm in need of help. Our company has a C353 that was purchased some time ago by one company (they wouldn't let us lease at the time) and then it was sold as part of a asset purchase to another company (the one I work for now). We just recently moved into a new building. Before that the machine worked fine for probably 3+ years that I know about. But now we have been getting strange behavior that nobody has been able to figure out. We have had Konica techs out probably 10+ times in the past 2 months. They are able to get the machine back functional by reloading the firmware, but it eventually happens again. The last time they replaced the hard drive and we thought that was going to solve it, but it only lasted a few weeks.

The problem starts with something simple, like today someone attempted to scan to email a set of 5 pages. The email goes through but when you attempt to open it you get "PDF is corrupt". Or in the past the machine would just lock up and become unresponsive to any screen presses. Either way, this results in a pretty useless copier. If you attempt to turn the machine off (power button, main power switch, and even pull power plug and let sit for 10 minutes) the machine comes back on but is even more useless. You can't access the administrative webpage, the utility/counter button doesn't do anything (so can't get to admin controls), and trying to go to the scanning screen gives this message;

"The specific operation cannot be performed due to the operation of another process. Please wait."

It's as if something is trying to complete, but if you look at the jobs and job history, it's all empty (and nothing is in there before turning the machine off either).

I don't feel like it is a network issue, although I have given it some thought. I just don't see how it could possible be the issue.

And like I said, if you reload the firmware it works again. I'm getting pretty tired of calling and having a Konica tech come out while we are down for 18-24 hours. I'm at a loss for what it could be. So I'm looking for help. Has anyone ever seen this? Questions/suggestions I should give to the Konica tech? Anyone want to offer to fix it (located in Claymont, DE)?

Thanks

tervel12
06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Perform a logical format of your hard drive. Then perform an All Data Clear and then re-enable the hard drive (All Data Clear disables the hard drive). Cycle the power when complete (and when prompted).

jayg30
06-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Perform a logical format of your hard drive. Then perform an All Data Clear and then re-enable the hard drive (All Data Clear disables the hard drive). Cycle the power when complete (and when prompted).

Just to check, is this something I can do through admin panel? Or is this something the Tech will have to do?
They replaced the hard drive in the unit, wouldn't that have required a formatting already? Although when when I went in after they changed the HDD the settings were all still there. The only thing missing was the favorites on the scan screen. Perhaps they reloaded data from the old one.

Thanks.

rrrohan
06-24-2014, 02:35 PM
What firmware level are you on? I had firmware cause lockup when trying to print from user box if the document was created on the previous firmware. Turned out that a firmware update had introduced that issue.

Could be ram fault. I'd try that next since ram is cheap these days.

Lastly I'd consider Mfp considering the fault is network releated.

I'd also suggest finding another tech, a single tech having 10 recalls is pretty embarrassing

jayg30
06-24-2014, 03:45 PM
Ok, so today the tech came and we figured some stuff out I think.

The issue is so random it is hard to diagnose. But we were able to get it to corrupt on sending by email. So what I did was setup SMB and a public user box. When the corrupting occurred I scanned to the user box and it worked fine. I then scanned to SMB and email at the same time. The SMB pdf opens fine. The emailed pdf shows up as corrupt. The email does get sent however.

So it doesn't appear to be the printers fault. Would that sound like a correct conclusion?

Now I'm thinking it is a networking issue. But I'm not really sure what could be causing it. The email is getting sent, the pdf is just corrupted. Checking our Cisco switch, the port that the printer is hooked to shows no packet errors. I tried two different email providers (gmail and office365) and both caused the issue. I feel like this leaves only the router as potentially causing the problem.

rrrohan
06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
What if you scan to email as a jpg or any other format? Does it still corrupt?

copier tech
06-24-2014, 05:11 PM
If you say simply rewriting or upgrading the firmware rectifies the fault? this is a simple task you could do yourself, all you need is the memory card preloaded with the firmware, then simply plug this into the copier, turn it on & press update!
i'm only suggesting this as i'm guessing you don't want to spend money on this old machine on parts & call outs etc?

jayg30
06-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Good suggestion, I'm going to try that. I was going to try scanning as jpeg just a second ago, but once again the issue has disappeared and everything is going through just fine. If I get it to stop working again then I'll test.

jayg30
06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
If you say simply rewriting or upgrading the firmware rectifies the fault? this is a simple task you could do yourself, all you need is the memory card preloaded with the firmware, then simply plug this into the copier, turn it on & press update!
i'm only suggesting this as i'm guessing you don't want to spend money on this old machine on parts & call outs etc?

Yes that is correct, when the device enters this state of not responding because it is waiting for "another process" the way it has been rectified in the past was to reload the firmware. It also seems now that if left alone for a random amount of time it does fix itself. However, I'm not a technician. I work for the company that owns this machine now. I handle all the IT and my degree is in computer engineering. I'm sure I could reload the firmware, but I don't have the firmware unfortunately. So if we can't get it to come back to a functional state, I have to wait for it to fix itself and enter a service call in case it doesn't fix itself so they can reload the firmware.

However, the underlying cause of the problem is something I'd like to solve so that people don't end up with a printer they can't use. Which is what I'm working on now from my end (networking side).

emujo
06-24-2014, 05:35 PM
If it only happens when sending mail, you could try setting up a gmail account and testing the MFP on the new carrier. If the failures continue, it would point me closer to a problem with the MFP. Another thing that causes issues is a connectivity issue caused by running a 1 gig network and not having the CAT5e or better cabling to the MFP. The MPF only supports up to 100M. Emujo

jayg30
06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
If it only happens when sending mail, you could try setting up a gmail account and testing the MFP on the new carrier. If the failures continue, it would point me closer to a problem with the MFP. Another thing that causes issues is a connectivity issue caused by running a 1 gig network and not having the CAT5e or better cabling to the MFP. The MPF only supports up to 100M. Emujo

Thanks.

I actually originally had it setup with a gmail account. That is what it was working with for 3+ years. But the issues were occurring when sending through gmail. That is when I moved it over to Office365 the other day to see if it had any effect (it didn't).

Nothing changed except we moved it to a new building and obviously that came with new network switches, routers, and internet connection. Thats when the issues began. However, initially I thought it might have been due to being moved and something just got knocked loose internally.

Our network here is all 1gig. Cisco SG500 switches and Ubiquiti router. Commscope CAT5E solid plenum rated cable. Monoprice CAT5E patch cables.
The MFP says it operates at Ethernet10/100/1000BaseT. So it should be running at 1gig and my switch shows it auto-negotiates to 1gig. The switch also shows no packet errors.

jayg30
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
What if you scan to email as a jpg or any other format? Does it still corrupt?

So it started corrupting pdf's again. Within about 1min and 30seconds I did the following;

Scanned PDF to email and SMB. SMB opens, email corrupt.
Scanned JPEG to email and SMB. SMB files open, email files open.
Scanned PDF to email and SMB again. SMB opens, email corrupt. (just as a double check if it still is corrupt).

So yea....no idea now.

EDIT:
Thinking about this a bit. When scanning as JPEG, each page is sent separately. I know from before even when I get corrupt PDF's, if I scan only a single page it works. It only corrupts when scanning multiple pages. Because of this I also tried multi-page XPS and TIFF.
XPS works. TIFF did not.

jayg30
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
What firmware level are you on?

Firmware version
Printer Controller = A02E0Y0-3000-G00-IJ

ROM Version

MFP Controller BOOT Program
A02E0Y0-1E00-G00-04(00)

MFP Controller SubSet Program
A02E0Y0-1F00-G00-70(00)

MFP Controller
A02E0Y0-0100-GP4-R6(00)

Operation PANEL Message Data
A02E0Y0-8100-GFV-R6

FAX Board Controller1
15LA-0040-G02-13-000(00)

FAX Board Controller2

IR
A02E0Y0-0023-G00-36

PRT
A02E0Y0-0050-GC0-09

ADF
A01H0Y0-0024-GC0-12

Finisher
A01G0Y0-0071-G01-01

Panel Micro-Computer
A02E0Y0-8900-G01-02

LCT
4348000-0050-G00-02

Loadable Device Driver

System Controller
A02E0Y0-1000-GP4-R6(00)

Printer Controller
A02E0Y0-3000-G00-IJ

Printer Controller-Font
A02E0Y0-3F00-G00-40

Printer Controller-Demo Page
A00J0Y0-3E00-G00-00

MIO
A02E0Y0-5000-G00-99(00)

PSWC
A02E0Y0-5100-G00-10(00)

MIB IF
A02E0Y0-5200-G00-J2(00)

IPP IF
A02E0Y0-5300-G00-82(00)

External Controller IF

TCP/Socket
A02E0Y0-6300-G00-J4(00)

Open API
A02E0Y0-7000-G00-12(00)

Operation PANEL
A02E0Y0-8000-GP4-R6

CSRC
A02E0Y0-8300-G00-80(00)

PIC
A02E0Y0-8200-GCH-23

emujo
06-24-2014, 08:14 PM
What happens if you send that SMB scanned PDF as an email? Emujo

jayg30
06-24-2014, 09:16 PM
What happens if you send that SMB scanned PDF as an email? Emujo

If I sent the SMB scanned PDF (that isn't corrupt) through email it opens fine.
Sent from my gmail account to my office365 account and from office365 to gmail.

emujo
06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Double check that the MFPs "From" address is exactly the same as the username you authenticate with on the MFP. Gmail has made some recent changes that push the mail to Spam if the from address is not the same as the authentication username. Meaning if you are using as account named officecopier123@gmail.com, that should be the both the from address, and the login username. I know office 365 has issues with the MFPs user name needing to be a global user. Are there any "PDF Encryption" settings turned on? Either accidently or purposely? IF so it may be a public key/private key issue. I wonder if something on the mail server side is stripping off the attachments thinking it's spam. Emujo

jayg30
06-25-2014, 07:07 AM
Double check that the MFPs "From" address is exactly the same as the username you authenticate with on the MFP. Gmail has made some recent changes that push the mail to Spam if the from address is not the same as the authentication username. Meaning if you are using as account named officecopier123@gmail.com, that should be the both the from address, and the login username. I know office 365 has issues with the MFPs user name needing to be a global user. Are there any "PDF Encryption" settings turned on? Either accidently or purposely? IF so it may be a public key/private key issue. I wonder if something on the mail server side is stripping off the attachments thinking it's spam. Emujo

The email addresses were the same when using gmail and they are the same with office365. Office365 is more picky in how it is setup and by default has stronger anti spam filters. You have to have the same email in like 3 places. You don't need global admin privlesges anymore.when these settings are wrong the printer simply won't email anything and you get a server connection error.

I see no encryption on anywhere. And as I mentioned a few posts back it happens with none PDF documents as well.

The document is being emailed, it has data since the file has a size, but it is corrupted.

I know that the tech said that if it works scanning to user box and smb, then it's not the scanner, but I'm lost. Even scanning as SMB would traverse my cabling and switches. It shouldn't need to hit the router in this case. The printer and desktops are in the same vlan and subnet. So it should stay at L2 and not need routing info. An email though would have to go to the router and out the WAN, which it does or I wouldn't be getting the emails or be able to ping internet addresses. So if it is indeed my network I feel like it could only be my router (or FiOS which I'm sure would have other ppl complaining besides me). The other ting I'm wondering though is I feel like even if the process of creating a PDF is the same regardless of email, SMB, or userbox, perhaps there is another step being done when sending out to email by the printer. Maybe the document scans and converts to PDF fine but when it is attached to the email something else is happening causing it to corrupt.

emujo
06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
I know this is frustrating for you, and I'm not sure the issue isn't with the MFP. But for the sake of troubleshooting...

Do you have a Fiery controller on the MFP?
Have you tried opening your mail with a different browser? If you are using Chrome or Firefox, have you tried setting adobe reader as the default viewer, and on the same line, have you updated adobe reader. The 353 has been around for some time, it may not support the latest reader version. Can you post the file you receive from the MFP to the forum along with the error messages? Emujo

jayg30
06-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I know this is frustrating for you, and I'm not sure the issue isn't with the MFP. But for the sake of troubleshooting...

Do you have a Fiery controller on the MFP?
Have you tried opening your mail with a different browser? If you are using Chrome or Firefox, have you tried setting adobe reader as the default viewer, and on the same line, have you updated adobe reader. The 353 has been around for some time, it may not support the latest reader version. Can you post the file you receive from the MFP to the forum along with the error messages? Emujo

I appreciate the help everyone has given. It is indeed frustrating.

No Fiery controller. Have tried different browsers. Have tried different pdf readers (Soda, Adobe, Foxit, Nitro). The pdf's don't show with the "built in" preview features in gmail or chrome. I was using the latest version of adobe reader, straight from the site.

I will get the file and upload it a bit later.

jayg30
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Here is a corrupt PDF from the scanner.

The error message from adobe reader is;

There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

jayg30
06-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Did another test today.

Scan directly to email ends up corrupt.
Scan to user box, then send to email works.

humm....

ThisPete
07-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Here is a corrupt PDF from the scanner.

Hi jayg30, it's not much help, but interestingly that pdf opens sort of fine in SumatraPDF, though not Google Chrome browser.

If opened in SumatraPDF, just over 2/3rds down the page is what looks like corruption:

Zoomed in: 25815

Really not sure how it helps but thought I'd throw it out there...

Pete

Mr Spock
07-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Try to set the nic card to 100 half duplex instead of auto. I have seen the the auto negotiate on cisco cause occassional issues on the network. Setting the speed to a "set" speed has fixed this in the past for me.

jayg30
07-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Try to set the nic card to 100 half duplex instead of auto. I have seen the the auto negotiate on cisco cause occassional issues on the network. Setting the speed to a "set" speed has fixed this in the past for me.

How about setting it to 1Gbps Full Duplex instead? Is it just setting the NIC on the copier to a set speed or is setting it to a slower speed important?
Also, should I set the cisco port to a set speed as well or just leave that to auto negotiate?

Thanks.

ThisPete
07-28-2014, 06:19 PM
How about setting it to 1Gbps Full Duplex instead? Is it just setting the NIC on the copier to a set speed or is setting it to a slower speed important?
Also, should I set the cisco port to a set speed as well or just leave that to auto negotiate?

Thanks.

Usual advice is to take it off 1Gbps and set to 100 Full Duplex, if available, and see what happens, then 100 Half Duplex if needed, or even lower but I've never had to drop below 100.
Some people say just locking it to a set speed helps (Auto negotiation seems flakey with a 1Gbps network.) but most times you'll need to drop to 100. To be honest, 100 is plenty fast enough for what is being done.

No need to mess with your Cisco, just do the copier from within the Administrator/network settings.

Pete

jayg30
07-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Usual advice is to take it off 1Gbps and set to 100 Full Duplex, if available, and see what happens, then 100 Half Duplex if needed, or even lower but I've never had to drop below 100.
Some people say just locking it to a set speed helps (Auto negotiation seems flakey with a 1Gbps network.) but most times you'll need to drop to 100. To be honest, 100 is plenty fast enough for what is being done.

No need to mess with your Cisco, just do the copier from within the Administrator/network settings.

Pete

Thanks. That's what I will do. It seems to be scanning correctly right now at 100 Full Duplex, but that isn't saying much as it worked before auto negotiating to 1Gbps until it eventually would start acting strange.

I wanted to add that the other day, the printer locked up when someone was printing to it (not scanning or copying). I had to power cylce the unit again, and after multiple hours it started to work again. I called for someone to come out at first because I can't just talk to someone to let them know there was a problem. They came a week later and before I got there the Tech was rather mouthy to some other employees (non-IT). He said something along the lines of "we'll have to start charging for these visits". As if we aren't already paying them as part of our contract. He figured I was calling him out because it was sending corrupt PDF's, which wasn't the case. There solution seems to be "spend $10 more per month for Digital Solutions" because they'll be able to handle it better. I'm not saying that it isn't worth it or that it is a lot of money, but I flat out told the Tech "why should I expect that they'll be able to solve the problem? And if they can't what recourse do I have to be refunded my money? And if they don't fix it, what then? Because at the end of the day even if they are responsible for getting it to work, I'm the person that has to hear about it from employees and management."

SCarson
07-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Hello,

I'm in need of help. Our company has a C353 that was purchased some time ago by one company (they wouldn't let us lease at the time) and then it was sold as part of a asset purchase to another company (the one I work for now). We just recently moved into a new building. Before that the machine worked fine for probably 3+ years that I know about. But now we have been getting strange behavior that nobody has been able to figure out. We have had Konica techs out probably 10+ times in the past 2 months. They are able to get the machine back functional by reloading the firmware, but it eventually happens again. The last time they replaced the hard drive and we thought that was going to solve it, but it only lasted a few weeks.

The problem starts with something simple, like today someone attempted to scan to email a set of 5 pages. The email goes through but when you attempt to open it you get "PDF is corrupt". Or in the past the machine would just lock up and become unresponsive to any screen presses. Either way, this results in a pretty useless copier. If you attempt to turn the machine off (power button, main power switch, and even pull power plug and let sit for 10 minutes) the machine comes back on but is even more useless. You can't access the administrative webpage, the utility/counter button doesn't do anything (so can't get to admin controls), and trying to go to the scanning screen gives this message;

It's as if something is trying to complete, but if you look at the jobs and job history, it's all empty (and nothing is in there before turning the machine off either).

I don't feel like it is a network issue, although I have given it some thought. I just don't see how it could possible be the issue.

And like I said, if you reload the firmware it works again. I'm getting pretty tired of calling and having a Konica tech come out while we are down for 18-24 hours. I'm at a loss for what it could be. So I'm looking for help. Has anyone ever seen this? Questions/suggestions I should give to the Konica tech? Anyone want to offer to fix it (located in Claymont, DE)?

Thanks
I had similar problem with C353.turns out the fax kit was bad.I was not even able to diable fax kit thru service mode.Had to physically replace the fax board.That fixed the issue you are describing.
Hope this helps
Steve

ThisPete
07-28-2014, 07:18 PM
As a second thought, I would also disable appletalk and bonjour if you don't need them, I had a 203 or 253 recently that became really slow when printing to it but only sometimes, we went through the network speed thing but it only came right after disabling appletalk and bonjour.....

If you don't need it, take it out of the equation. :-)

Pete

copytechman
07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
I've had a c203's do this. It somehow correlates to the fax board I think, but that said the last time I had this I yoinked the machine back to my office and placed it in as our admin's machine to use... interestingly enough the issue (lockups and no access to utility menu) has not reoccured. Not once.. I havent disabled the fax board or for that matter changed anything other than it's ip addressing for the most part and of course where it's now living.

Regards!

A.

habik
07-30-2014, 09:06 AM
We had only 1 fax FK-502 board going bad. causing lock-up of the machine and not going anywhere even with trouble reset.

If I'd be your tech, I'd try NV RAM - NIC reset. Downgrade to a low Mass Production Firmware like K8 or even lower and Build it up to R6- mass. Then later on I'd flash it with R6- Special firmware "if" needed.

Other than that, most of the things were mentioned 100 Mbs Full Duplex as mentioned above.

One thing that popped in to my mind. When scanning are you using presets (Program) or just absolute default when scanning. i.e. email address+start (factory default for scan)

pepper38_cnd
07-30-2014, 11:56 AM
This thread has been going on a long time so I'll throw in my 2 cents! Does this machine have Account Track or Authentication enabled or did it at one time? This series of machines does not like to have any changes made while account track or authentication is enabled. If you go to the web browser page and see that the Admin email is greyed out and can not be changed then that is a sure sign that this has occured, and the result will be random lockups and failed scans. If this is the case a NIC reset is needed just backup your address book and user data before reset and import after reset.

jayg30
07-30-2014, 02:30 PM
We had only 1 fax FK-502 board going bad. causing lock-up of the machine and not going anywhere even with trouble reset.

If I'd be your tech, I'd try NV RAM - NIC reset. Downgrade to a low Mass Production Firmware like K8 or even lower and Build it up to R6- mass. Then later on I'd flash it with R6- Special firmware "if" needed.

Other than that, most of the things were mentioned 100 Mbs Full Duplex as mentioned above.

One thing that popped in to my mind. When scanning are you using presets (Program) or just absolute default when scanning. i.e. email address+start (factory default for scan)

Predominantly preset buttons I place on the favorites screen for people. Sometimes LDAP query against an Active Directory, but not often.

Right now I have the NIC set to 100 Full Duplex and I'm telling people to use the machine as much as possible to see how it fairs. I probably should have thought to do this before, but I figured as long as the auto negotiation was correctly setting both to 1Gbps then it should be good. However, before we moved it was hooked up to a unmanged switch that only did 100Mbps. So perhaps that will do the trick and the printer just can't reliably work at 1Gbps (which is pretty pathetic to be honest).

jayg30
07-30-2014, 02:33 PM
This thread has been going on a long time so I'll throw in my 2 cents! Does this machine have Account Track or Authentication enabled or did it at one time? This series of machines does not like to have any changes made while account track or authentication is enabled. If you go to the web browser page and see that the Admin email is greyed out and can not be changed then that is a sure sign that this has occured, and the result will be random lockups and failed scans. If this is the case a NIC reset is needed just backup your address book and user data before reset and import after reset.

I'll double check, but I'm sure I never enabled account track or authentication. We never had a reason for it. So unless a field tech enabled it for some strange reason, that shouldn't have happened.

I want to thank everyone who has offered advice. I've gotten more helpful information from this forum then I get from the people we pay to service the machine. Honestly, I think we might need to look into getting a different group to handle our printers in the future.

emujo
07-30-2014, 04:45 PM
I'll double check, but I'm sure I never enabled account track or authentication. We never had a reason for it. So unless a field tech enabled it for some strange reason, that shouldn't have happened.

I want to thank everyone who has offered advice. I've gotten more helpful information from this forum then I get from the people we pay to service the machine. Honestly, I think we might need to look into getting a different group to handle our printers in the future.

I willing to bet that more than 1 of us who have tried to assist you work for the company that services your MFP. In defense of the tech, at a certain point you have to drop back and say " this is beyond my pay grade, I need to get a higher level of support for you". That support is usually not free when the MFP doesn't really seem to be the culprit. Many customers (not saying you) "abuse" the maintenance contract by demanding support for new work stations, network changes that induce problems, changes to ISP, email providers and so on. Maintenance is defined as "from the NIC backwards", the digital support covers unlimited phone support for network/application issues. I truly hope you don't hammer the tech to hard on this, as not to many are network engineers, or Microsoft Certified Pros (they usually stop being techs at this point and roll over to the DSC LOL). Emujo

jayg30
07-30-2014, 05:48 PM
I willing to bet that more than 1 of us who have tried to assist you work for the company that services your MFP. In defense of the tech, at a certain point you have to drop back and say " this is beyond my pay grade, I need to get a higher level of support for you". That support is usually not free when the MFP doesn't really seem to be the culprit. Many customers (not saying you) "abuse" the maintenance contract by demanding support for new work stations, network changes that induce problems, changes to ISP, email providers and so on. Maintenance is defined as "from the NIC backwards", the digital support covers unlimited phone support for network/application issues. I truly hope you don't hammer the tech to hard on this, as not to many are network engineers, or Microsoft Certified Pros (they usually stop being techs at this point and roll over to the DSC LOL). Emujo

I'll just say this. I am usually very understanding with people. Especially if I see they know a thing or two about the products they work on. In this case, the company exclusively works on Konica Minolta printers and nothing else. So they should be well versed. I've been less then impressed. We use to have a different tech and I thought he was pretty good. The person that has been making the visits since we moved just doesn't seem to know very much, in my humble opinion. He constantly has to be on the phone having someone walk him through how to do things. That concerns me. And he didn't try any of the recommendations in this thread. Since the beginning it has basically seemed like he doesn't know where to start or what to test. I had to tell them to check the hard drive in the machine (which they eventually found WAS giving errors).

This is just my opinion. I have bosses that look at me for answers and are very demanding. I'm responsible for a whole lot of stuff, some in my line of work and some that really isn't. And I'm drastically under paid even by the average salary of just one of the positions I fill. At some point I just don't have time for snarky comments from techs that I really question the abilities of.

habik
07-30-2014, 05:49 PM

Hahaha nice one Emujo :) .

If, then I'd say June 2014

At the end of the day, problem is resolved and that is what counts on this site whether it is the end user or tech. I've learned a lot from your posts Emujo not only regarding this issue.

jayg30
08-01-2014, 05:12 PM
So, problem is not solved. Changing the copier from Auto Negotiate to 100 Full Duplex worked for a while and now PDF corrupt again. Changed it to 100 Half Duplex and still corrupt.

wseyller
08-01-2014, 06:50 PM
This information is not for your machine but it may be related. At least it might give you a clue.

When using the Scan to E-Mail feature, an E-Mail attachment (PDF/TIFF/JPEG image) may become corrupt.

CAUSE: When sending a scanned image by Scan to E-mail, the image data is divided to some block units and transmitted to SMTP server. If using a SMTP server that is slow to respond (example: external SMTP server), the bizhub C200 NIC may encounter a buffer overflow. When this happens, the overflow data is sent from the header of the data block even if some of the data in the block had already been transmitted. As a result, image data is corrupted because a portion of the data packets have been doubly transmitted.
A firmware upgrade required.
Note: This issue also has the possibility to occur by Internet FAX.

jayg30
08-01-2014, 07:36 PM
This information is not for your machine but it may be related. At least it might give you a clue.

When using the Scan to E-Mail feature, an E-Mail attachment (PDF/TIFF/JPEG image) may become corrupt.

CAUSE: When sending a scanned image by Scan to E-mail, the image data is divided to some block units and transmitted to SMTP server. If using a SMTP server that is slow to respond (example: external SMTP server), the bizhub C200 NIC may encounter a buffer overflow. When this happens, the overflow data is sent from the header of the data block even if some of the data in the block had already been transmitted. As a result, image data is corrupted because a portion of the data packets have been doubly transmitted.
A firmware upgrade required.
Note: This issue also has the possibility to occur by Internet FAX.

Thanks, that is interesting. Also, I should note that again it worked when I scanned to user box and then sent via email. Perhaps that process doesn't divide the file into smaller blocks.

Two questions.
First where did you find that info. I realize it is for a different machine but might help me track down an issue for mine.
Second I believe I posted the firmware of my machine a while back. Does anyone know the latest and am I running it? Or if there are any firmware issues for the one I'm running?

Thanks

PS: it has happened with both gmail and office 365.

wseyller
08-02-2014, 05:10 AM
I found it on Konica Minolta's knowledge base. It is a resource available only to techs with login credentials. There are many Base firmware revisions and many more special firmwares for the C353 model but what all of them do takes time for anyone to sift through, about 70 special firmwares.

The latest Base firmware is G00-R6 released 5/19/2009.

You have a special firmware GP4-R6 which was released 7/29/2011. This is a special firmware based off of the lastest base firmware mentioned above.

The specialty of your special firmware is: : If the Fax Function Parameter is initialized, the Enter Power Save Mode Setting is changed from "Immediately" to
"Normal".

Custom Search