PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the 30 second ad when I log in???????????????????

Custom Search

nmfaxman
06-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Nuff Said.

Hansoon
06-24-2014, 05:05 AM
How'bout using Firefox with a decent ad-blocker? Never see any stinking ads or banners.

Hans

ZOOTECH
06-24-2014, 05:10 AM
How'bout using Firefox with a decent ad-blocker? Never see any stinking ads or banners.

Hans
That was my input hours ago - where the hell is that 'send' button again? :o

copier addict
06-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Hans

Yup. IE and Chrome are both terrible for ads. Firefox is all I use now.

Akitu
06-24-2014, 02:17 PM
I used to use SRWare Iron for browsing needs. Chrome based, without all the privacy concerns. Since the Google web store changes though, it made the browser useless due to the inability to get extensions now.

Aneurysm
06-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Is anyone else seeing a 30 second long pop-up ad when they log in? let me know because we didn't put it there.

emujo
06-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Nope, same ole same ole

gwaddle
06-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Is anyone else seeing a 30 second long pop-up ad when they log in? let me know because we didn't put it there.

I've never seen one.

sandmanmac
06-25-2014, 12:06 AM

No, it's all good here - with Chrome, Firefox, or IE

slimslob
06-25-2014, 12:18 AM
I have never seen one. nmfaxman may need to get a good anti-malware software and check for browser hijacker infections. It could also be his ISP inserting ads when new pages are opened. I have had flash player cause my browser to go non-responding occasionally. Seems to be more with my Windows 8 computer at home.

blackcat4866
06-25-2014, 12:23 AM
I suspect nmfaxman has a virus or 30. My suggestion is to run Malware Bytes on your PC. =^..^=

nmfaxman
06-25-2014, 02:25 AM
Not a virus nor malware.
2 different networks and 2 different OS's.
Win 8.1 and XP.

I am a trained IT tech and that was my first thought.

Google settings different on each OS.
Hate exploder and firefox is too slow when loading a page.

NeoMatrix
06-25-2014, 04:09 AM
No CTN logon beg screen or pop up adware here.... nada,none,nil....

Only the usual Justmanuals advert in the page header,an the Xero ads down the right hand side-bar when using my Android Tablet. I see alot of browser profiled hyper links if I browse the web. Example I was looking at cameras the other day and now I have camera company hyperlinks appearing below CTN pages.

Hansoon
06-25-2014, 05:33 AM
firefox is too slow when loading a page

Perhaps it's busy taking out all the crap first.......?

Hans

slimslob
06-25-2014, 05:52 AM
firefox is too slow when loading a page.

If Chrome is running a 30 second ad before you can get to the page and Firefox does not, I would say that Firefox is much faster. It won't hurt to try it.

Akitu
06-25-2014, 02:28 PM
The speed difference between the Firefox and Chrome webkits is hardly noticeable unless you're operating at dial-up speeds; in which case the browser you're using is the least of your worries.

Old Sergeant
06-25-2014, 04:14 PM

I saw one a few days ago, but none since then.

JVergin
06-26-2014, 05:46 PM
I am randomly seeing the ads. I am using Chrome. There doesn't seem to be a certain spot on the website that does it, but I only notice it on this website. It's very annoying when I'm trying to reply to someone's post and get the 30 second ad.

Akitu
06-26-2014, 07:11 PM
For Chrome/Chromium users, when the ad pops up, right click it and click "inspect element". This will bring up a funny window with a lot of techno-jargon. In this window, assuming you right clicked on the ad, you'll see the bar highlight one line in particular. In this highlighted line is the source of the ad displayed as a url (www.YYYYYYYYYYYYY.com/YYYYYYYY/YYYYYY.YYY). You can right click the highlighted portion and select remove element to get rid of the ad. It may still play sound but at least the video will be gone and you can resume typing/browsing.

Additionally, if the highlighted line could be copied, I'm sure Aneurysm could make good use of it to eliminate the source of the problem if it's on the website itself.

NeoMatrix
06-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Post a screen shot of the advert to the forum,
along with your broswer settings.

Sounds like you may have "Snap.do" or "Conduit" search engine virus. Well!, not a virus perse' more like competition to the bigger search engines, but without user approved installation. Competition prevents monopoly prevents greed..

Irisvh
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
I've never seen one.

I've never seen one either

Brian8506
06-27-2014, 01:44 PM
I see it occasionally

Iowatech
06-28-2014, 01:43 AM
I've never seen an ad while signing in, but then again I've got this machine set to revenge level settings because of all of the the unwanted flashy, blinky crap that was pushed over my dial up connection back in the day.

mojorolla
07-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Just saw this for the first time. I am using Firefox and I did a full scan (including rootkit); no malicious items found. Here is a screen shot:

:)

mikadonovan
07-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Just saw this for the first time. I am using Firefox and I did a full scan (including rootkit); no malicious items found. Here is a screen shot:

:)That's what I get, too. Not always, but it has occured a half dozen times. I'm using chrome.

slimslob
07-18-2014, 04:46 PM
You might want to try Addblock Plus, https://adblockplus.org. It is an open source free addon for most browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari and Droid). The home page will detect your browser and automatic take you to the correct download for your browser. I installed it on my Firefox at home because I started getting ads popping up in front of the start of youtube videos and by the time I could close them, I missed part of the video.

Custom Search