PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 phantom drum winding jam on powerup

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Exactly as the title says, it happens every time you turn on the machine or it awakens from power save mode. if you open and close the front door the error is cleared and the machine operates as normal. There is not and never has been paper in the drum cartridge and the drum sensors are spotless.

Have tried a complete new drum cartridge and have run adjustments again and no difference is made, still does the same thing.

Anyone had this before ?

Thinking about trying the printer control board next, or possibly the power supply.

Synaux
06-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Exactly as the title says, it happens every time you turn on the machine or it awakens from power save mode. if you open and close the front door the error is cleared and the machine operates as normal. There is not and never has been paper in the drum cartridge and the drum sensors are spotless.

Have tried a complete new drum cartridge and have run adjustments again and no difference is made, still does the same thing.

Anyone had this before ?

Thinking about trying the printer control board next, or possibly the power supply.

I dunno--thats kind of screwy--have you tried firmware/cf restore?

EarthKmTech
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Replacement of the power supply fixed it.

Synaux
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Replacement of the power supply fixed it.

Sweet, I suppose that makes sense; thanks for the update!

EarthKmTech
06-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Its worth also noting this was a new old stock machine and has done it since out of the box, I suspect the power supply was faulty / maladjusted from the factory.

Probably why no ones ever seen it before on an existing machine.

methogod
06-27-2014, 10:36 AM
what is the jam code?

i have seen this on 920/950s but it was a code, C code. Not jam.

depending on the J code... may be simular issue.

EarthKmTech
06-27-2014, 11:36 AM
from memory it was a j-2102 or which ever one it was that describes the drum toner density sensor detecting a sheet of paper infront of it at idle state.

Custom Search