PDA

View Full Version : BH C552 black drum reset chip question

Custom Search

Desert Rat
06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I re chipped the black drum the other day but not the dv unit. Yesterday I replaced the magenta drum unit and noticed that the black
drum unit did not appear to be reset.
I don't have a lot of time on this model so I am not sure but,
Does the dv unit also need to be re chipped at the same time?
Other than that the machine seems to run fine.

Thanks

DR

EarthKmTech
06-24-2014, 10:06 PM
No,

The drum unit can be replaced independent of the developing unit.

if the contacts are damaged or disfigured at the developing unit side the drum counter will not reset when new however. If it still wont reset even with another new drum unit the developing unit will need to be replaced.

PS How long can you actually get ouf of these black drums anyway, i find most look like a rasp by the end of their standard life and the cleaning blade starts failing anyway and the dev units are no longer perfect after a single drum life either, (check the gradation pattern) most of the time I change them as a pair.

(I dont know anything about reset chips but what I posted may still help anyway)

Desert Rat
06-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Thank you Earthkmtech, for your reply. Yes this will be helpful.
Now I have something to look for. This is the first BH C552 I have
rechipped. Earlier I re chipped the magenta drum and it reset the counter
and copy was fine.
I have rechippd a couple of BHC350s that turned out fine.
Depending on how the machine is run we may get another
another full use. I always check the drum condition for
excssesive wear before deciding wether or not to re chip.

I would like to hear from others that have re chipped.
It may not always be the best thing to do, but I think
There may be times when it works fine.

Thanks

DR

copier tech
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
For your information you do not need to re-chip or purchase chips on the C552 (or any bizhub actually) all you simply need to do is update the firmware & change a software switch.

I only replace the drum unit on this model when it starts printing black lines etc (usually way after 500k) also I find the dev unit on this model to last again well over 500k

Most likely the reason that your K IU has not reset is that it is not quite seated correctly, remove it & refit you will find it will reset eventually. If not simply check the chip is making correct contact.

However I have in the past used the K IU chips & they don’t always work, so my best advice is use the firmware to reset IU life!

Desert Rat
06-25-2014, 10:47 PM
I would prefer to use the software, but as an indy, I have troubles getting the newer firmwares.
And I have never downloaded any firmware to any model. So I guess I'm a little gun shy to try
and do that without someone to coach me.
I will have to see if I can find that firmware.

But I will check the contacts for the black

Is there even a chip for the DV units?

Thanks

DR

copier tech
06-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Very easy to upgrade, you simply put the file on a FAT32 formatted USB stick & plug it into the service USB port (next to the LAN under a cover 1x screw) power the machine on & click update, easy.

Desert Rat
06-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks copier tech,
That sounds pretty easy. I will look for the fimware.

Thank again

DR

emujo
06-26-2014, 04:01 PM
The firmware just adds the softswitch functionality. Once you install the firmware, you must set the switches appropriately. If you do a search for softswitch settings on this site you should get the settings. There are 3 softswitch settings and a change to the IU life settings that have to be made. Just don't have the time today to search and post them for you. Emujo

copier tech
06-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Switch 51 set HEX to F0
Switch 55 set HEX to 0C

Desert Rat
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Is this the right firmware?

A0P00Y0-F000-G00-D1

Thanks

DR

emujo
06-26-2014, 08:15 PM
And under Enhanced Security...Life stop setting to no stop. My docs show C4 as the minimum level, D6 should work. Emujo

Desert Rat
06-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Thank you very much everyone for your support. I should be able to check the version on the machine in question
and up grade the firmware if needed.
If you think of anything else I would like to hear it.

Thanks

DR

Custom Search