PDA

View Full Version : BH-454e-554e, mail merge function

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-25-2014, 11:33 AM
BH-454e, mail merge function.

Customer wants to get two new bizhub-445e. I would like to know if printing of mail merging letters (standard text but every letter having an individual address inserted) has to be done as before with older models by using the mail merge function of Microsoft Word or do the newer models have an option to merge the data at the MFP.

Reason for asking is that with the older machines it takes a considerable time to complete the merging process at the workstation before the printing starts. I have heard that newer systems can do this much faster by keeping the standard text as a PDF at the build in hard drive en merely only the individual addresses coming from the workstation are added.

Hans

occus
06-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi

Yes you can work with the overlay function (1Page) and store the static page on the harddisk (for really heavy images)
But this function was available before too on the older models.

rrrohan
06-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Mail merge can be done in word using a macro.
This breaks up each mail merge letter into a individual print job so instead of say a 200 page document it prints 1 page document 200 times. Much faster

Hansoon
06-27-2014, 05:09 AM
Mail merge can be done in word using a macro.

Yes, that's what they are doing right now with the old Di-450 machine with Fiery controller. However the process takes long and is blocking the workstation until the whole job is being processed and printing starts.

The idea was to have the standard text stored at the machine and than the individual address being added from the workstation in the hope that this all goes faster.

Hans

rrrohan
06-30-2014, 01:39 PM
The macro I use devices the print job
So if letter is 3 pages and 50 people are part of mail merge it sends it to copier as 50 3 page documents.

That way someone can print and just set their job priority high so it jumps the cue.

If we don't use a macro the copier slowly spools one single 150 page document and this is what we had to resolve as during spooling no one else could print

Hansoon
06-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Are you willing to share that macro with me?

Hans

Custom Search