PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous DV610K Developer with lumps

Custom Search

RussG
06-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Good morning. I am an enduser servicing my own OCE CS650 pro. I have a 200K kit assembled, but the K developer arrived from ebay with lumps. Is it salvageable? I can bust up a lump in the bag and it seems that it then becomes "normal". If I do so to the entire bag, am I ok? Or are you laughing at me? Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I did start a complaint with ebay......

RussG
06-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Never mind. It was a dumb question. Wishful thinking was toying with reality.

KM1Amsterdam
06-27-2014, 10:00 PM
If the lumps are just magnetized starter partikels, it shouldn´t be a problem. But if the starter was exposed to heat, it can ruin your DV unit.

RussG
06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
If the lumps are just magnetized starter partikels, it shouldn´t be a problem. But if the starter was exposed to heat, it can ruin your DV unit.

I'm sure it was baked somewhere. There is no way I'll chance it.

KM1Amsterdam
06-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah, heat is bad. Demolish the DV units internals like steel balls.

emujo
06-27-2014, 10:50 PM
My farts have lumps, is that bad??? Emujo

ZOOTECH
06-27-2014, 11:01 PM
My farts have lumps, is that bad??? Emujo
Only your proctologist will be able to tell you that. :)

That's called a "shart".

EarthKmTech
06-27-2014, 11:18 PM
I once left my company car parked in full sun over summer (unintentionally) while I went on holidays for 6 weeks. Most of that time the weather was around or over 40C/104F, the temperatures inside the car would of far exceeded that I'm sure.

I only realised the error of my ways once I came back to work and all of my drum units up high in the vehicle had their blades fused to the drums and prefilled (non production machine) developing units were seized rock solid. The parts under the surface, ie, protected by these unfortunate items actually ended up being fine surprisingly.

Custom Search