PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Parts

Custom Search

fixthecopier
07-01-2014, 12:47 AM
It seems I am getting a lot of bad printer parts lately.Last week, I had a call to remove a jam from an HP 9050. I talked them into putting maintence kits in the 2 they had. I put one of the fusers in, and it coded after 3 sheets. Got it replaced and went to put it in, part of the plastic housing was broke, and one of the lock levers. Got it replaced and went to put it in, it wouldn't seat. Plug in connector was hanging out. I fixed that one so I wouldn't have to come back. At the same time, I went to an HP 4700 and put in fuser and belt. Fuser coded within hours. And this one was in a 2 star generals office. Still waiting on it's replacement. Same week, Had a call on a Lexmark c792. The OEM black cartridge they had put in the week before, had spit out it's drum blade and took a big toner dump on the belt. I cleaned it, and told them the machine was asking for a belt. Went in today with an OEM belt. The magenta cartridge was dumping toner, so I made them change it. Put the new belt in, and the prints had a smear. Pulled the belt out and found a guide near the transfer roller was missing the clip to hold it in, and was jammed against the belt. I was able to fix it.

Parts all seemed to have one thing in common, MADE IN CHINA.

blackcat4866
07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
That's got to really disappointing. Are these re-manufactured units? OEM? I really don't see printers any more. I have had very good experiences with Calhoun, Printer Works, Parts Now, Precision Roller, and TSA World ... beginning of the list cheapest, end of the list highest quality. I've purchased from these vendors many times with no bad experiences. =^..^=

fixthecopier
07-01-2014, 01:43 AM
The 3 9050 fusers came from Liberty Parts Team, the 4700 fuser from a different vendor, and the Lexmark stuff was all OEM. Never had a bad OEM copier part. The thing that stings a little was telling the Generals driver that we never have problems with our remanned parts, so we use them to save the customer money. I have had other remanned fusers not going near the distance, maybe coding after 6 months. I am starting to order more OEM fusers.

Iowatech
07-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Had a HP CM6040 go through three black drum units before a fellow tech took the drum units apart and found that the developer had been fused to a brick and broke the mixing augers.
Granted, they weren't OEM parts, still, it is unusual to see three of them fail immediately out of the box in unison.
In that case it appears they were handled poorly, maybe the truck they were being shipped in was parked out in the summer sun for too long, at least that's the conclusion that the other tech came up with while I was enroute to get a new OEM drum unit.
So could poor handling be also part of the problem you are experiencing? I don't know about the others, but if it was legal I'd bet you a cup of coffee (if you like coffee, that is) that's what happened to the unit that blew out the drum cleaning blade.

fixthecopier
07-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Do I like coffee? If it wasn't for coffee and tea, I would have turned to dust long ago. That might explain why I spend more time with the stones than Mick Jagger.

SargeNZ
07-01-2014, 05:31 AM
"Made in China" does not mean anything these days. The only difference between a quality chinese product and garbage is the implementation of a QC process and a decent product design. Someone saw that you could cut costs in design and QC so decided not to include them.

Hansoon
07-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Parts all seemed to have one thing in common, MADE IN CHINA.

Been there done that.....

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-and-everything-else/85588-confucius-says.html

Hans

roho
06-08-2015, 03:42 PM
I've noticed a real increase in parts that are new and fresh, but with defects. Many fuser films have had broken mounts, and a few had broken bushings right out of the box. Much more common these days I'm finding, I've started checking the parts out before I head to the customer. I've had a few new machines with visible damage as well, but who can say where that damaged happened.

theengel
06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Last week, I had a call to remove a jam from an HP 9050.

A few months ago I did a reg assembly on a 9050. I put it all together and still had the same problem. I inspected everything... my logic still pointed to the reg clutch. But because it looked brand new (the assembly was refurb, the clutch was new), I ignored my instinct, and started shotgunning parts.

Finally, I swapped the clutch with another one, and everything worked beautifully.

Custom Search