PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7130 has no EKC settings

Custom Search

optdoug
07-01-2014, 03:09 AM
So today I was working on a 7130. It used to have a card reader connected to it, but it has been removed. Of course it wont make a copy without first sliding the card through the key counter, so I need to disable it. So I go into the KEy op menu to disable it and I dont wee the EKC configuration in the menu. I see ECM Where I think EKC should be. I turned off the ECM with the menu option, but it still wants me to use the card scanner. Is there something I am missing here. Maybe a dip switch on the Board or something. I took the display panel out thinking there was a jumper or something on it, but no luck. I even went into 25 mode and 47 mode to do a factory reset of the 7130 and still it wants me to use the card reader.
I'm really not sure where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just for the heck of it I reconnected the card reader hoping that would give me more options to turn it off, but no luck.

Flash
07-01-2014, 04:27 AM
There should be a dummy plug you need to plug in where the EKC reader was plugged into. It should be located underneath the op panel.

optdoug
07-01-2014, 05:01 AM
There should be a dummy plug you need to plug in where the EKC reader was plugged into. It should be located underneath the op panel.

Are you talking about the 4 pin connector that the card reader plugs into? It is located under the op panel and is accessible by removing the cover on the right hand side of the copier. It comes out of a wiring harness under the glass. If there was a dummy plug it's not there anymore. Any idea what the part number or name of the dummy plug?

Flash
07-01-2014, 10:42 PM
That is the one. I will try to find a part number. I may even have one. I will let you know.

optdoug
07-02-2014, 12:11 AM
That is the one. I will try to find a part number. I may even have one. I will let you know.

Thanks for the help. But I was able to find one. Does this look like it?

Flash
07-02-2014, 02:16 AM
That looks like the right one. Pins 1 and 2 should be shorted together on the dummy plug.

optdoug
07-02-2014, 03:16 AM
That looks like the right one. Pins 1 and 2 should be shorted together on the dummy plug.

Thanks for the help on this. I never would have figured that one out alone. I pretty new at working on Konica's and I have never used a card reader before this customer. I did one reader on a C353 that they have, but that one was all controlled by the menu on the control panel. There was no jumper. I guess the more I work on them, the more I'll learn.

Thanks!!!

Custom Search