PDA

View Full Version : Adding Fiery IC-412 to Bizhub C280: what is the gasket?

Custom Search

John Kaufmann
07-01-2014, 05:13 AM
I happened to find a Fiery IC-412 (previously on a C452) on eBay and was fortunate to get it at a price within budget - but when it arrived I learned that the installation is different for a C280. I asked the seller if he knew anything about the different mounting brackets, but received no reply, so I made mounting brackets from some aluminum angle. However, the C360/C280 instructions (unlike the C652/C552/C452 instructions) show a 2-piece "gasket" (p/n A0YEIXC075DA) to be attached on each side of the cable connector for the VI-505 interface card (AKA "relay circuit board"). From the instructions:

13. Remove the paper backing from the furnished
gaskets and attach them to the left and right
sides of the relay circuit board connector.
Note:
Make sure that the relay circuit board connector
and the gaskets are in contact with each other
when installing the gaskets.
Can someone tell me what this gasket is [from the instructions, it looks like foam tape], what is its purpose, and why it is needed for the C360/C280 but not the C652/C552/C452? Do you know where such parts are sold?

Also, the cable connecting the IC-412 to the VI-505 has two thumbscrews on each connector which use a VERY fine thread (M1?) - unlike any other connector thumbscrews I have seen, especially for a such a big connector. One of the screws has a broken thread. Do you know where to find these screws?

emujo
07-01-2014, 01:26 PM
It's a conductive adhesive for shielding/grounding. Emujo

John Kaufmann
07-01-2014, 01:57 PM
It's a conductive adhesive for shielding/grounding. Emujo
Ah, thanks! Do you know where to get it?

Also, do you happen to know what is different about the C652/C552/C452 that they don't need it?

emujo
07-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I remember seeing those pieces since the C650 days in the VI kit, but they were seldom put on, and it really made no difference to the Fiery operation. You have the part #, if you really want them, order them. Emujo

Custom Search