PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C552 Oil Can Question

Custom Search

copier tech
07-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Seen this a few times, got the oil can icon on the screen but nothing happens when I press it, i'm worried i'm missing a P-Code but can't view them!
Updated the firmware no change, screen is good.
Also seen it on a few C280's
Any ideas?

Blizzoo
07-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Doesn't Warning Codes count in Service Mode?

emujo
07-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Actually, this is a good thing...PPLM mod is installed and consumables are set to run until failure. The oil can is just showing to prompt the tech that 1 or more items are past their life spans, but the MFP will continue to run. You can verify this by looking at the consumable counters in USER Mode. Something, or everything will be at 100% life limits. No worries unless CQ is suffering. If something is really wrong, when you touch the oil can, it will display the P codes for the problem. EMujo

copier tech
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes I am aware of this, but my question is that when I touch the oil can nothing happens, all IU's are yet to reach life. I was just curius as why nothing happens when I press the oil can!

emujo
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Something has met its lifespan, could be 2nd transfer roller, or filters....if the oil can is displayed, but no response when touched then as previously stated....I'm assuming you don't have a calibration issue with the LCD panel and there is a problem, but either way, look at the life counters, and reset everything. Also, and I'm not 100% sure of this, but if the PPLM firmware is installed and soft switches programed correctly, the consumable "gas gauges" will never show 100% used. You can look at pagescope user page to get a better indication of what the consumable remainders are. Emujo

copier tech
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
The only item that had reached life was the fuser, i've ordered a new one as the roller was damaged, so i'll fit that & new release the counter & hopefully the oil can will disappear!

emujo
07-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Don't lose any sleep over the oil can icon.....Emujo

copier tech
07-01-2014, 09:46 PM
lol I won't 😎

Custom Search