PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C284e Firmware Question

Custom Search

copier tech
07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Hello all,

I just have a quick question about firmware could someone be kind enough to answer.

What is "Mass-Production Program Maintenance Release 1" & "Function Version 5"

So say I want to update the firmware to the latest version, do I simply go by the newsiest date or do I choose the "mass production version"

Many thanks

avecosat
07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
if you only want to update to the last versión you choose a mass production firmware .

remati
07-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello all,

I just have a quick question about firmware could someone be kind enough to answer.

What is "Mass-Production Program Maintenance Release 1" & "Function Version 5"

So say I want to update the firmware to the latest version, do I simply go by the newsiest date or do I choose the "mass production version"

Many thanks

Hello

yes...always update for the last version of "mass production"....and the newest date ...

copier tech
07-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Ok thanks, but what exactly is "Function version 5" vs "Function version 3"?

remati
07-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok thanks, but what exactly is "Function version 5" vs "Function version 3"?

funcion version is something like the "generation of the firmware"
the newest version are version 5
and you must change a DSW in the machine

you must read de " Doc " ,that is sent with the firmware..

copier tech
07-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks, I read the .doc with the firmware, so if I don't change the software switch the function version wont be upgraded? Simply loading the firware & not changing the software switch won't upgrade the machine!?

TheOwl
07-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Function Version X denotes the functionality of the machine as new functions are introduced with the firmware.

I can't remember the exact functions that Function Version 5 brought along, but Function Version 4 introduced better authentication features and more compatibility with single sign on (SSO) environments.

As for upgrading firmware, if you coming from a fairly low version of firmware, then always go to the latest "Mass Production" firmware version, then install the latest "patched" version of the "Mass Production" firmware. You can tell the diference between the mass production and patched version by looking at the "version" of the mass production which say for example could be G00-88 and then the patched version which would be something like GCD-88. The first three characters will change with patched versions of the firmware and should ascend in HEX values. This isn't always true, but is normally the rule of thumb.

copier tech
07-04-2014, 09:43 AM
OK, so I need to change the switch 25 to HEX 40 & this will upgrade the machine to function Version 5?
& if I upgrade from say function version 3 to 5 do I also need to upgrade the movie file?

Also in the doc that comes with the firmware it says I should update the drivers or I may have issues, how important is this? as many of my customers pay for IT support & won't want to pay for something they deem unnecessary!

About Software Switch Settings
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 40 -> Function Version5
HEX Assignment: 20 -> Function Version3
HEX Assignment: 10 -> Function Version2

dickierock
07-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Having come from kyocera and ricoh tech sites the konica minolta tech site really loves to throw as much confusion at you as possible with all the search results it comes up with.
As a newer user of konica-minolta, confusion and firmware are not a good mix! :D

Is there a way to narrow firmware and service/parts manual searches to just a few results??

copier tech
07-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Having come from kyocera and ricoh tech sites the konica minolta tech site really loves to throw as much confusion at you as possible with all the search results it comes up with.
As a newer user of konica-minolta, confusion and firmware are not a good mix! :D

Is there a way to narrow firmware and service/parts manual searches to just a few results??

Surely KM firmware is easier than Ricoh, with Ricoh you have to download a dozen or files individually then put then in a folder named romdata AND on an SD card!!!

Konicoz
07-05-2014, 03:52 AM
copier tech > this is true but when you search for firmware on Ricoh (even though you have to download multiple files) and Kyocera you always get the latest - no confusion or worry and you knew exactly what to do.

With KM you also have to load multiple files (installed from different ports...?) especially after HDD fail and don't even get me started on SSD fail - - movie - voice etc but when you search firmware you get 30 results and it's if's and buts maybe's and read the fine print.....aaaaarg! drives me insane. not too bad in the workshop with access to the web - but nothing worse than travelling to a rural site 6hrs away where morse code is still used , try upgrade the firmware and brick the machine or it fails..and have to go back - sometimes the machine doesn't even recognise the usb - yes the file is unpacked and in the root correctly and even used on other KM machines??......in my early experience with KM I would pray first before I tried upgrading..

Having said that, the new KM support firmware search link is very good and has helped me loads. KM still has a looong way to go to simplify for the tech supporting the product in the field. Any KM PSG guys on here - please keep things simple guys - never fails.

Konicoz
07-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Dickierock
Is there a way to narrow firmware and service/parts manual searches to just a few results??[/QUOTE]

yes when you log on to KM support page there is an option there called workshop - search that field for your product and it gives you the latest trusted firmware version with some other useful information.

or in cses select the advanced link to be more specific of your search
25555hope this helps

Custom Search