PDA

View Full Version : Lamp sensor adjustment

Custom Search

optdoug
07-04-2014, 05:19 AM
So I'm still working on the copier in this thread. http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/90058-konica-7130-has-no-ekc-settings.html Thanks to the help of Flash I was able to find the terminator and now it can copy. I had to PM the fuser, replace the drum and refill the develpoer. So far its working pretty good with the exception of the Exposure lamp assembly. For some reason it is slamming to the right and slamming to the left before it actually scans. It's like it just cant find it's home position. I see there is one sensor at the left rear of the copier under the glass. I cleaned it thinking that was the homing problem, but no luck. It's not giving any errors or anything, but because the lamp can't find it's home position, the copies come out about an inch or two too low on the paper. There is also a dark strip across the top of the copy as well. I thought there was a problem with the drum or fuser, but it's actually the lamp reading the tape that is holding the ruler down on the left side of the glass.

I don't see any way to adjust. Am I just missing something, or is something broken that I'm not seeing?

blackcat4866
07-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Does the scanner home position sensor change state when it's blocked? Is the wire rope excessively loose or tight? =^..^=

optdoug
07-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Does the scanner home position sensor change state when it's blocked? Is the wire rope excessively loose or tight? =^..^=

I have not tried that, but I'll be going back tomorrow or Wednesday to check. I didn't check the tension of the rope, but visually it looked ok. I'll let you know what I find.

Custom Search