PDA

View Full Version : what is PPLM Mod

Custom Search

Konicoz
07-05-2014, 05:23 AM
hey guys, just looking at some posts and helping who I can where I can and picking up useful info....I came across this PPLM mod in a post to extend or turn off dev and drum alerts for c360 series...does anybody use this, how do you install it or set it up and does it cause any problems -restrictions etc? I'm old school and when it says replace drum I replace drum - did not really like the chip reset story but as costs rise, competition increases and profit margins drop I want to explore ways to help pay the bills and keep my guys employed. The 4 series has options build in to turn the notice off and this would be effective to implement on older series. Your input please. Thanks

copier tech
07-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Personally I always disable the life warnings on all my machines, then monitor the print quality the "old fashioned way"

This is my service dept preferred method, some may disagree but this is a good way to save money, why replace an image unit when the print quality is perfect!?

You can simply turn these warnings off on all Bizhubs, right back to the old C250 series, simply by upgrading the firmware to the latest version & changing two software switches, see attached PDF.

No need to buy the chips anymore.

Max
07-05-2014, 03:13 PM
It is just a firmmware that alows you to set system switces to turn off drum,dev, belt anf fuser life and gust keep running until fail. On olivetti (rebadged konika) its not a PPL its just a latest f/w. system switches imust be changed 51 to 11110000 and 55 to 00001100 if iam not mistaken. turn off and back on. search the forum for exact switches as i cant remember exactly. To save money just use black drum in kmc 220/360 as colour, just swap the chip to colour.

copier tech
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
It is just a firmmware that alows you to set system switces to turn off drum,dev, belt anf fuser life and gust keep running until fail. On olivetti (rebadged konika) its not a PPL its just a latest f/w. system switches imust be changed 51 to 11110000 and 55 to 00001100 if iam not mistaken. turn off and back on. search the forum for exact switches as i cant remember exactly. To save money just use black drum in kmc 220/360 as colour, just swap the chip to colour.

^So basically exactly what I said^

copier addict
07-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Personally I always disable the life warnings on all my machines, then monitor the print quality the "old fashioned way"

This is my service dept preferred method, some may disagree but this is a good way to save money, why replace an image unit when the print quality is perfect!?

You can simply turn these warnings off on all Bizhubs, right back to the old C250 series, simply by upgrading the firmware to the latest version & changing two software switches, see attached PDF.

No need to buy the chips anymore.

The ability to turn off life warnings starts with the C353 series, not the C250.

Synaux
07-07-2014, 03:44 AM
^So basically exactly what I said^

You did not say that.
You posted a bulletin so did not have to.
Negativity in response to some clarification is unbecoming (especially when it is in the form of a typeface that is in bold AND underlined). :o

I have a banal question: What does the acronym PPLM stand for?

copier tech
07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
You did not say that.
You posted a bulletin so did not have to.
Negativity in response to some clarification is unbecoming (especially when it is in the form of a typeface that is in bold AND underlined). :o

I have a banal question: What does the acronym PPLM stand for?

lol it's called humour, sarcasm where I come from!

emujo
07-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Proactive Part Lifecycle Management...big money saver for us!!!

copier tech
07-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Proactive Part Lifecycle Management...big money saver for us!!!

I second that!

Konicoz
07-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Guys thank you all for your input, I tried it today on a machine and its exactly what I needed - simple and effective. Thanks a lot...

If I could I would buy you all a drink \_/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . I

copier tech
07-08-2014, 09:05 AM
All you now need to remember is every visit check the print quality, fuser condition & replace as you feel necessary

Send us an "e drink"

ivovb
07-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Does these settings are available in G00-D0, G00-D1, G00-D2 firmwares?

BR

emujo
07-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Try to put them in, if they don't stick, then no. Emujo

Custom Search