PDA

View Full Version : Fiery on MAC..

Custom Search

remati
07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Hello people

I need help to find some PDF or other docīs ,where I can find an easy way to do installations of fiery controlers (and drivers/PPD konicaminolta)..on Mac hardware...

Someone help me?

(I only have routine on PCīs ..)

thanks to all colleagues

EarthKmTech
07-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Doesn't your employer provide you with training ?

They should be, I find it outrageous that some companies just throw their techs out into the field and expect them to work things out for them selves, particularly when it comes to playing with customers own equipment other than the mfp. What happens if something goes wrong, I suppose they expect the repair to come out of your pocket too ? Screw that.

(not that mac driver installations are rocket science, im just saying, they should be training you)

habik
07-06-2014, 01:13 PM
just googled it :) If you go to Fiery website I am sure you'll find answers.

If you want to do full or specific calibrations spot color match etc, then I fully agree with EarthKmTech. You should get a proper training. However saying that, you'll need skill and the tools and they usually cost …EFI'n lot! For that is easier to use third party who will contract with your customer and provide with full calibs every 3 months or so across their environment (Monitors, Color Management, Fiery, Machine). That way you can guarantee colour outputs.
If they happy with just "standard" print quality, then the below should do you just fine, providing you have the latest software on Fiery itself.

You may want to try installing the driver available from the Fiery Controller providing WebTools is enabled on the Fiery controller.

1. Enter the IP address of the Fiery in the address bar of Safari
2. Choose the downloads tab and the the OSX Printer Files, the file downloaded will be OSX.dmg.
3. OSX.dmg will open with a Harmony Installer and a Printer Driver Folder. Run the OSX Installer in the Printer driver Folder.
4. Once the installer completes add the printer in Print and Fax.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/1191-Fiery-Mac-OS-10.6-Support

Tonerbomb
07-06-2014, 03:03 PM
search youtube for World of Fiery! lots of good info for you there!

Custom Search