PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C650

Custom Search

methogod
07-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Older C650 that keeps burning though transfer belts.... cant seem to get one to go 50,000 before failure or color issues...

Any board that would cause this...

thanks,

habik
07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
What do you mean "burning" through them..

they last only 50k because:
,they have visible burn marks?
,the IU's are dropping dev and its attracted on 2nd transfer roller causing it to get sanded when in stabilisation process?

more info, perhaps prints or pics of the belt.. would be helpful.

EarthKmTech
07-06-2014, 01:29 PM
The slightest hint of developer getting into the belt cleaning section will cause the belt to look like a vinyl record in no time, its likely the belt is a symptom of the real problem at hand and not the cause.

btw, second transfer roller is retracted during stabilization, thats what opens the idc shutters ;)

methogod
07-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Here is some history....

6 months back -- went though two yellow IU, both dropping dv and or making a yellow line on the near side. Ruining the belt and transfer roller.
Swapped IDC's with a working machine - issues didnt move so figured they are ok, also did firmware up just incase some of the P14 codes were just outside norm

Had a certified tech take a look, clean inside out real well checked for clogs and normal stuff. Couldnt find anything.

Replaced belt and yellow IU.

Next belt failed due to a bad cleaning roller, had some weird high spots, causing it to not clean 100% creating a ghost lines...

replaced belt...

Now I am back with poor color - belt must be shot - getting codes now but i assume its the belt... will replace again...

Mostly run business color - or grey scale.
I never run more then 5000 clicks in a single run - when i do I make sure the room is cold. So machine does not over heat. All filters removed (except color toner filter)....

At one point i was sure it was/is the high voltage power supply board - as it fits - both with the yellow IU failing and the Belts going early.

i have a spare machine - would not be hard to swap. Not sure what else to do, except swap entire engine.

Machine has around 1.1M clicks, maybe slightly more - hard to tell as was set to single click for a while and when it ran well i did run some production jobs. has not be able to run heavy coverage for a while.

I can get a replacement engine for $300-400 bucks and bring it back to life. Am i wasting my time with the high voltage board.

All toner is OEM and i have so much toner, and supplies i hate to upgrade it just yet. I figure i have 2 years left before its end of life for this series, its not like the C652 or C654 impress much...

My only other thought is there is something else major wrong - weak print heads. Which if it was a C550 i would swap with parts machine in warehouse, but C650 uses different parts.

any suggestions or ideas...

thanks,

Custom Search