PDA

View Full Version : J10-02 on KonicaMinolta C654

Custom Search

gerhardd
07-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi

I've got a Bizhub C654e giving lots of jams on the manual bypass tray at a couple of customers. It happens on all types of paper. Have anyone experienced, and rectified this issue.

Additional information.

Below is a list of things I’ve tried at Customer x so far without success of fixing the bypass jamming issue.
Initial C654e:

·Adjust separator roller setting
·Tried 2 bypass units from 2 new machines
·Replaced take-up roller with custom made roller.(worked well on the C552 series)
·Had 1 technician and 2 supervisors with me toassist
·Swopped control board and paper feed drive board
·Load firmware ver. E4 and do dipswitch settingfor bypass retry control

We eventually swopped the client’s machine with a new oneafter 326 bypass jams in just over 19 000 bypass feeds.
The new swop machine was giving the same jam code J10-02since installation. The latest count is 575 bypass jams in almost 17 000bypass feeds.
I installed an Inovolt unit (to check power issues) on the machine about 2 weeks agowith no luck.

I’ve also done some tests in our showroom and another site:

No jamming while testing a C454e in our showroom withdifferent paper stock. I used Customer x paper stock.
No jamming while testing a C654e at Customer y test site withdifferent paper stock. Machine is in an office environment with no bypassprinting.

I’ve printed a management list from a C654e at Customer z which is a similar printing environment as Customer x. This client has logged afew bypass jamming calls and the jam codes in the management list are the sameas the Customer x machines – J10-02 and also hundreds of them.

Most of the things I’ve tried were requests from Head Office.

Customer x is currently experiencing bypass jamming on allpaper stock. From 80gsm bond to 300gsm board. The client mostly uses Colourteck from 90gsm to 300 gsm in the bypass tray which have been working 100% onthe C550 they had, and on the C552 they’ve used which they are now usingas a backup machine since they bought the C654e.

Thank you

EarthKmTech
07-07-2014, 09:12 AM
I currently also have a brand new C654e that will phantom jam 1002 every single time when only 1 sheet of plain 80gsm A4 is in the bypass tray. It stops at the registration section each time.

if additional sheets are present to keep the length sensors covered, or if A3 is fed it will not jam.

Seems a hell of a lot like crappy firmware to me, it is running the latest GD3-E4.

Going to try a new bypass tray and possibly paper feed driver board if that doesn't fix it.

Please confirm if yours works with more than 1 piece present.

minimerlin
07-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Have a look at the torque limiter on the sep assembly, it will be gummed up and very tight to turn..so poor feed of paper cause of J10 codes. I have hads a lot of these machines give this fault on the trays as well.

EarthKmTech
07-08-2014, 11:04 AM
new bypass tray assembly fixed the problem on my 2 week old machine.

still dont know wtf the problem was, i checked torque limiter and it was the same difficulty in turning as the new one and it was new anyway with only 300 pages on the clock.

Custom Search