PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta buys Danka

Custom Search

CMB
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
i do not work for coroporate konica/minolta. i work for a small locally owned shop that sells and works on KM products. so i do not know how this is going to impact us. there are two businesses that sell KM products, and i just found out that Danka has picked up KN products within the last 6 months. that makes 3. i used to work for danka here and there are only about 5 people left in that branch, will they close? who knows.............

wagon
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I used to work for D***a in Australia... what a pack of a***holes! (imo)

I hope their management get the sack, bloody hopeless, I reckon. They treated me badly - and I'm not the only one.

Good luck CMB, I hope your job is safe. It is only money to these big corporations ; they don't give a damn about the little guys.

Mr Spock
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Technically the buyout is pending stockholder voting. The closing on the deal is end of June (if everything is smooth). The part you are referencing is the on-site sales issue that put a couple of sales rep's out of work (most refused to sell KM). It is not suppose to reduce the sales/tech force but a couple of upper management positions may go away. All current contracts will be honored until either they expire or legal can find a way out (legal is not suppose to be doing this but...). The local sales force can not start selling KM products until they have been trained and the techs have been trained on these products. Also this suppose to be NEW machines not currently existing installed units.

CMB
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
i'm not concerned about it at all. i work for Lewis Digital not KonicaMinolta. one good thing that could be good for us is that we take over some or all of thier KM copiers in the field IF they shut down thier branch here. there are us and another KM dealer in town, i can't see them staying around competing with us.

Custom Search