PDA

View Full Version : Km di 5510. Doc feeding prob

Custom Search

brent
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
The document feeder works just fine but every once in a while the timing is off and I have a void area about 1 inch on the lead edge side of the copy is there an adjustment I could make to make them not do this? I know it is all electric tonic now and the originals don't sit on the glass. Just wondering how to correct this problem thanks all
brent

darry1322
07-07-2014, 02:45 PM
A problem that presents itself in an inconsistent manner is rarely caused by a setting issue. Usually the problem is due to faulty parts or simple dust and debris.

Make sure all of your sensors are spotless clean. Since the sensors determine the timing a paper passage, a dirty or faulty sensor can throw off the timing of paper passage. The same is true for clutches.

copier addict
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
I agree with darry1322, it is likely a sensor issue. Lift the DF and remove the guide on the left (three screws). Clean the three sensors and the guide. I am sure you will find a lot of dust in there.
Hope this helps

fixthecopier
07-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Lift the lid. Under the left side you will see a guide with black mylars on it. Remove iit and make sure the underside of those black patches are clean. When you remove it, you will see the sensors that reflect off of it. It sets timing. By seeing paper dust, it starts scanning too soon

copier addict
07-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Remove the black guide on the left after you lift the DF. Clean the sensors and guide. Dust will affect the functioning on the sensors

brent
07-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Remove the black guide on the left after you lift the DF. Clean the sensors and guide. Dust will affect the functioning on the sensors

I aopreciate it. I will see the machine this week. I forgot those sensors
much appreciated
BrentBrent

brent
08-07-2014, 11:04 PM
ok I thought I had it. but I didnt. I went there today and replaced the feed clutch in the doc feeder. and all the sensors are clean.
don't know what else I missed the first copy is about one inch off the paper. then is is about every 10 will do the same thing. this is only when feeding paper in the doc feeder. on the glass it is fine. but I replaced the sync clutch just to be sure
this machine only has 66k prints on it. it was a new machine 2 years ago that never was used. I can't believe the doc feeder is doing this
any thoughts? I will take any and all advice. even if I missed something easy.

thanks
brent

Custom Search