PDA

View Full Version : Konica press 1250 jam 2101

Custom Search

jaredfmn
07-08-2014, 02:29 AM
We have several 1250 and 1200 machines in the field jamming with 2101 jam codes. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide with little luck. Tried new transfer unit and cleaning unit. Full pms on all the machines with new drums and developer. If anybody has any ideas I am open to suggestions. They have the latest and greatest firmware as well.

jaredfmn
07-11-2014, 04:01 AM
We have several 1250 and 1200 machines in the field jamming with 2101 jam codes. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide with little luck. Tried new transfer unit and cleaning unit. Full pms on all the machines with new drums and developer. If anybody has any ideas I am open to suggestions. They have the latest and greatest firmware as well.
Nobody???

cycle66
07-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Nobody???
Have you looked at Konica's solution TAUS1001124EN?

blaze2000
10-02-2014, 08:54 PM
We are having that jam code on a new install as well. 58,000 clicks and 72 2101 jams. Information in bulletin 1124 didnt help. Including replacing jamb.

antone
12-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Try good paper 1051 1052 they all have this problem!!

blackcat4866
06-23-2016, 01:30 AM
It just started on one of my 1052's. All paper sources are affected. The environment is 75F 44% humidity. The drum claws function normally and are recently replaced. The jammed paper frequently tries to follow the drum and flips over, entering the fuser upside-down. If you get the jammed page near the drum it statically adheres to the drum.

I've come to the conclusion that we're losing separation voltage, and the paper is still statically attracted to the drum. I've tried a different transfer belt assembly, cleaned and greased contacts, DIPSW 51-1:1, 51-0:0, tried various transfer offset settings with no change. DIPSW 57-4 and 57-5 make no difference either way. We've got an HVT on order.

Has anyone had any success fixing this? =^..^=

Synthohol
06-23-2016, 04:53 AM
in paper tray settings, choose separation priority and i have also moved the drum claw solenoid so the claws have less clearance for the paper to get stuck in.
but yes, better paper will help tremendously.

KM1Amsterdam
06-23-2016, 06:37 PM
in paper tray settings, choose separation priority and i have also moved the drum claw solenoid so the claws have less clearance for the paper to get stuck in.

Yes these two work the best. Check the drum claw solenoid in state confirmation, already had two dead ones.

When replacing the drum claws clean the shaft en surroundings very thorough. Replace the springs.

blackcat4866
06-25-2016, 04:27 AM
The drum claws are new and working properly. I'm disturbed that the jammed paper is not discharged. If the paper does not discharge, there's no way it can pass.

The HVT on the imaging drawer did not help. I also imported the machine settings from a year ago. At this stage it will not pass a single page of any type of paper. =^..^=

andyf424
06-28-2016, 03:31 PM
I've got a 1250 doing this also, cleaned and rebuilt the separation claw assembly with new claws/springs, also set lead edge transfer to "value separation". Customer is running really flimsy paper and in portrait mode and it's a humid environment, basically a perfect storm. I've even slowed the speed down in process mode with no help.

Is it Friday yet?

allan
06-28-2016, 04:16 PM
I've got a 1250 doing this also, cleaned and rebuilt the separation claw assembly with new claws/springs, also set lead edge transfer to "value separation". Customer is running really flimsy paper and in portrait mode and it's a humid environment, basically a perfect storm. I've even slowed the speed down in process mode with no help.

Is it Friday yet?

Could try an HT-505 on one of the PF trays. That should keep the paper dry
Funky paper should be used in tray 4 where the paper does not get stressed out too much.

andyf424
06-28-2016, 04:41 PM
When in doubt, try tray 4, still jams though. I flipped the drum claw spring on the end of the shaft that actuates the drum so the claws were up at all times but it still jams.

allan
06-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Where does the paper end-up?

MVPunisher
06-28-2016, 07:59 PM
I battled this exact issue with W.B. Mason paper on 2 951s right next to each other. Could barely get a copy out of either machine. I Read on here that this machine is very picky about what paper it likes. Brought a carton of Universal paper in and ran the entire carton between the 2 machines without 1 single jam. Just saying. The paper wasn't any heavier it was just another brand.

andyf424
06-28-2016, 08:17 PM
Where does the paper end-up?

Stopped right at the drum, paper is trying to wrap around the drum but the claws are stopping but its still jamming. Took the customers paper and tried to run their job on our showroom 1250 with 20k on it, exact same jams. Then we tried running it on a c1085 with +15 k on and we still got jams at the secondary transfer. Paper paper paper.....

blackcat4866
06-29-2016, 12:20 AM
On Friday I installed the HVT and some odd 6M PM parts that were not in-stock for the PM. I got perhaps 6 pages to pass (and 50+ jams).

When I showed up Monday with the Team Leader, there were 2K in the elevator tray and not a single jam. Team Leader looks at me (why are we here?).

I started out thinking it was the paper, then tried other things. Now I'm back to the paper. =^..^=

Arcadian
06-30-2016, 05:43 AM
I HAD this error for a while its was one of the one way gear in the exit area of the copier near the fuser also there a one way gear on the fuser that might be slipping!

i changed two one way gear in the exit area and the error went away..

allan
06-30-2016, 07:03 AM
I also had this same issue with 2 B1250 machine next to each other. J2101.
The operator knows not to phone for that, Changing the paper fixed it every time.

Found that any distortion on the paper edge would cause that, even on nice and thick 90-100 GSM paper with poorly cut edges.
But if this machine runs it runs. Those 2 machines made 22Mil in a year and a half.

blackcat4866
08-30-2016, 01:42 AM

I may have had some success today using this approach. I measured a gap of 1.25mm between the tips of the drum claws and the drum. When the solenoid is actuated the tip gets very close, but does not touch the drum.

I started by forming the rods that support the drum claw assembly up, unit the claws touch even before the solenoid is actuated. With the drum cleaning unit removed I nudged the rods downward a little at a time unit I got a 0.25mm gap at the front and rear claw tips. You can see pretty well with the cleaning unit removed. Now, when the drum claw solenoid fires it only has to move 0.25mm.

Everything about the drum claw assembly is so malleable/flexible, that it's difficult to get consistent results. =^..^=

mx6turbo89
08-30-2016, 02:33 AM
I have had this problem with several different boxes and every time it has been the transfer offset adjustment that has fixed it. It can be adjusted per tray:

J-2101
[Symptom]Drum wrapping jam occurs when using specific paper.
[Cause]Transfer value and transfer timing is inappropriate.
[Solution]Change the transfer current value in the MACHINE screen as follows. (Transfer leading edge 1, 2 only)[Tray Setting]-[Change Set]-[Process Adj.]-[Transfer Offset Adj.]Step1Increase offset value at leading edge1. (by 10 step)*: When belt separation and leading edge image quality were deteriorated, decrease the value.Step2 (If Step1 is not effective)Decrease the value of the leading edge1 and 2.*: When the transfer fails at the leading edge section, increase the value.Then, register the name of the paper. (Can be register up to 100)

Albonline
08-30-2016, 02:56 PM
The drum claws are new and working properly. I'm disturbed that the jammed paper is not discharged. If the paper does not discharge, there's no way it can pass.

The HVT on the imaging drawer did not help. I also imported the machine settings from a year ago. At this stage it will not pass a single page of any type of paper. =^..^=

ensure drum ground path, have seen this kind of thing in may different models, usually ends up being static buildup due to poor grounding.

allan
09-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Found a new reason the machine would give J-2101 that and J-3111(skew sensor jam).
If tray 1 and 2's feed tires are done it makes a dent in the paper that would catch under the drum.
Had that jam while i was working on a machine next to it it would jam every 100 pages or so.
Changed the feed tires and the problem was gone more than 10000 pages printed!

blackcat4866
09-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Found a new reason the machine would give J-2101 that and J-3111(skew sensor jam).
If tray 1 and 2's feed tires are done it makes a dent in the paper that would catch under the drum.
Had that jam while i was working on a machine next to it it would jam every 100 pages or so.
Changed the feed tires and the problem was gone more than 10000 pages printed!

What kind of usable life do you get from the standard rollers? The stated yield is 500K, but about 300K is about all I can expect. The orange neoprene rollers seem to wear more slowly. The problem is that there are more jams, even when brand new. I won't be installing any more of the orange rollers. And if you add the pickup weights you'll get less than 200K, and the rollers wear unevenly.

Thanks for the information. =^..^=

allan
09-09-2016, 04:13 AM
Those big grey ones? A4EUR714## ?

Got more than the yield. 500K + that assembly does feel a bit flimsy?
I changed them on a total page count of 12M and a feed count of 8M for the first time.
Have to say the wear looked minimal and even. I compared the old ones to the new ones while changing them out.
Every thing one these machines goes well past.
Got the air suction feed units on there PF-703 that thing is rock solid, so tray 1 and 2 shares only a little of the load.

The orange ones would do about 250K from my experience the ones on the B423?
I always change all 3 at the same time but its then only the separation roller that was badly worn out.
Those grey ribbed pick up tires works really well i leave them on there for a second time.

The B601 machine roller would do 250K+.

cgw71
09-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I have had this problem with several different boxes and every time it has been the transfer offset adjustment that has fixed it. It can be adjusted per tray:

J-2101
[Solution]Change the transfer current value in the MACHINE screen as follows. (Transfer leading edge 1, 2 only)[Tray Setting]-[Change Set]-[Process Adj.]-[Transfer Offset Adj.]Step1Increase offset value at leading edge1. (by 10 step)*: When belt separation and leading edge image quality were deteriorated, decrease the value.Step2 (If Step1 is not effective)Decrease the value of the leading edge1 and 2.*: When the transfer fails at the leading edge section, increase the value.Then, register the name of the paper. (Can be register up to 100)

Ok, I am going to give this a try. We have changed transfer voltage for the tray already and adjusted the solenoid position at the same time about 6 weeks ago. It runs well and then occasionally (sometimes after thousands of copies) it will do it again. And it only does it on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Any larger sizes and it works perfectly. I am guessing the extra weight from the longer sheet is enough to pull it off the drum. Whatever is wrong is just barely wrong. I'll post the results of this. Feels like KMinolta should address this a little better.

cgw71
09-27-2016, 07:56 PM

If you have access to the Konica site there is a Troubleshooting guide accessible on the SSD page that was released in July. It has several suggestions for dealing with a J-2101. Many have been mentioned here already but it is worth looking at.

mx6turbo89
09-28-2016, 03:41 AM
Ok, I am going to give this a try. We have changed transfer voltage for the tray already and adjusted the solenoid position at the same time about 6 weeks ago. It runs well and then occasionally (sometimes after thousands of copies) it will do it again. And it only does it on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Any larger sizes and it works perfectly. I am guessing the extra weight from the longer sheet is enough to pull it off the drum. Whatever is wrong is just barely wrong. I'll post the results of this. Feels like KMinolta should address this a little better.

KM does have a lot of write-ups for this problem. This guide has been helpful for me (particularly the last page): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn7v8wcm45jctha/J-2101%20additional%20steps%20to%20follow.pdf?dl=0

tradewynnes2
10-12-2017, 03:16 PM

J-2101

I am also having these issues with a 1052 and I believe these adjustments will work, but the problem I have is that all of my high voltage adjustments are grayed out. Does anyone know where to turn them on? I'm sure it is a DIPSW, but I don't have time to look at every one until I find it.

D_L_P
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Just throwing this out there but HV is modified by the machine depending on humidity. Check or replace the sensors if they report 0% humidity. IIRC the 950 had a thermistor below the transfer/sep unit. Replacing that thermistor fixed some weird cq/codes. It's a shot in the dark but maybe due to that sensor the machine thinks it has to lower the separation voltage.

Custom Search