PDA

View Full Version : Admin on the C353

Custom Search

tulintron
07-09-2014, 04:24 PM
how to restore password of bizhub C353 Administrator

servicemode andwhenactivated, requirespassword

whentroubleresetfires, password required

default passwords typed, according service manual.

thanks for any help.

emujo
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Service mode, enhanced security, input new admin password. If prompted, enter CE password. If you don't know how this is done, call a qualified KM tech. Emujo

tulintron
07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Service mode, enhanced security, input new admin password. If prompted, enter CE password. If you don't know how this is done, call a qualified KM tech. Emujo

Perfect Emujo. However, when I enter the service mode, the password is required.
Not allowing to enter the enhanced mode. (STOP 0 C).

I have firmware and manuals.

I'm a technical supervisor of a maintenance company,
But I never encountered similar problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

emujo
07-10-2014, 03:03 PM
This is the CE password, if it's not the default then you are at a standstill. I do not give out passwords, but you can probably google it. Emujo

tulintron
07-10-2014, 04:11 PM
This is the CE password, if it's not the default then you are at a standstill. I do not give out passwords, but you can probably google it. Emujo

Thanks.

wseyller
07-10-2014, 10:51 PM
If you have the service manual then search the manual for CE password.

tulintron
07-11-2014, 02:45 PM
If you have the service manual then search the manual for CE password.

Thanks Wseyller

The CE settings are within the setup Administrator.

For this, I need the Administrator password that was changed.

When I enter in service mode, the machine asks for password.

I changed the NVRAM and the device insists administrator password.

In service mode password is not requested, but to administrator.

thanks.

emujo
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
I think you have it backwards, If CE Authentication is on (which from your trouble description, it is), then you must enter the CE password within service mode to access the password reset under Enhanced Security. I have never tried to reset the password through the admin screen with CE authentication on, but I assume this is where you are again being asked for the CE password. It's the same situation when you do a trouble reset and try to access service mode, you are prompted for CE password. As a tech, I never change this password w/o the customer asking for it to be changed, and they sign a statement that if they lose it they are billable for NVRAM replacement and time. If someone has changed the CE password and you do not know it you are dead in the water, you will have to order a new NVRAM from KM. A NVRAM from another MFP will not work. Emujo

tulintron
07-11-2014, 05:24 PM
I think you have it backwards, If CE Authentication is on (which from your trouble description, it is), then you must enter the CE password within service mode to access the password reset under Enhanced Security. I have never tried to reset the password through the admin screen with CE authentication on, but I assume this is where you are again being asked for the CE password. It's the same situation when you do a trouble reset and try to access service mode, you are prompted for CE password. As a tech, I never change this password w/o the customer asking for it to be changed, and they sign a statement that if they lose it they are billable for NVRAM replacement and time. If someone has changed the CE password and you do not know it you are dead in the water, you will have to order a new NVRAM from KM. A NVRAM from another MFP will not work. Emujo

Thank you for help me Emujo and Wseyller. After firmware upgrade to version 78 with reset NVRAM, equipment risen.

Thank you all for help me.

Custom Search