PDA

View Full Version : New mini bizhub 4050

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
07-10-2014, 05:02 AM
So out of ten we've had Konica replace 4. They offer no firmware or fixes, they just send us a new one, which is nice, but c'mon did they test them?

Problems include slow printing, codes, can't wait up from sleep, unresponsive control panel

Anyone else enjoying these pups?

EarthKmTech
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Its a konicerised lexmark, it doesnt know wtf it wants to be.

So far with the rebadged lexys km have been selling, the usual lexmark issues have surfaced already, toner leakage into the machine, failing drum cleaning blades etc, I see nothing has changed from the bad old days when I did lexmark warranty repairs.

I wonder if out of the box document feeder skew is still 10mm as per when i was working on lexmarks.

SmellsHot
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
This whole printer exchange thing with Konica is weird....I have a random error that doesn't clear....OK we'll send you out a new printer. I mean that's great and all, but WTF....
I have about 15 of these out and son of a bitch do they not come out of sleep mode easily. The only trick I've found is hit the power save button twice and that usually does the trick.
If you haven't noticed this yet. ALL NEW KONICAS are coming with "weekly timer" set to enable. This puts the machine into a forced sleep mode between 10pm and 5am. Just another stupid ass thing you have to learn about from a bitchy customer, cause there machine won't wake up.....
We are primarily only a Konica dealer, so I'm happy that we can carry a full line, but c'mon....get me something with less issues then your "e" series :)

jotunn
07-10-2014, 01:55 PM
If someone's interested - the older one Bizhub 4020 is clone of Lexmark MX510 and firmware is fully compatible, after upgrade you have still KM branded machine, but upgrade solves some firmware related problems.

emujo
07-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Km does offer firmware updates for these MFPs, but since you are on the OPS program, there isn't a tech assigned to the MFP and, as you said, the box is just replaced if it has a problem. Hopefully, you will get one with the updated firmware. Emujo

wseyller
07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
I spent all week connecting 70 devices for one customer. Mostly 4700p and C3350 Also two C284e and one KIP. I had one instance on a 4700p where it didn't wake up to print. Later tested while in sleep mode no issue. Had on C3350 print fine and then a print soon after it says printer is offline and they had to reboot for it to come back up then it would be ok. Also everything is on IPv6. Email scanning is done on a IPv4 host. So we have the IPv4 IP of each machine set to 169.254.0.0 type IP because they accidently setup their network for a class C /24 subnet so they ran out of IP addresses. I did noticed the weekly timer was already on. I had only one C3350 coming up with a non business hours use and it would shut down at a predetermined time. I hate that you have to config SMTP of the C3350 on the web interface. Also on both devices I've been turning auto acquire setting off after installation because it is slowing things down on every time to connects to the device each time.

RichMac
10-04-2015, 10:44 PM
I have one that won't wake up and the service password, 92729272 doesn't work. Any ideas?

copyrooks
10-05-2015, 09:27 PM
I have one that won't wake up and the service password, 92729272 doesn't work. Any ideas?

I would say go to service mode and turn sleep mode on then disable sleep mode on administrator settings and also disable weekly timer settings. If you are unable to get your service mode password you might have to make a call to KM so they can give you the procedure for "cleansing" the machine if at all possible.

EarthKmTech
10-06-2015, 02:49 AM
I spent all week connecting 70 devices for one customer. Mostly 4700p and C3350

My sincerest condolences.

get used to this place, you will be visiting very often. :cool:

Custom Search