PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Paper mismatch errors arrrgh! C220 C253 C224

Custom Search

fishleg
07-10-2014, 07:58 AM
We got a customer who prints on 80g and 110g stock from trays 1/2.

Problem is people forget to set thickness in the printer driving or they choose a tray through msoft word.

C220, c224e by the way.

If you print and forget machine is set to thick 1 and you don't choose thick 1 on the computer the machine pretends to be clever.

Machine: Hello user you've tried to print on my thick 1 but your print job says plain please load correct paper.

User: Yeah what ever I'll just open and shut the tray and ignore that message I do want it on thick paper still though.

Machine: Mu hahaha I'll change the paper thickness for you to plain so it screws the whole office up and no one has any idea what's happening...

For the love of god is there a dip switch so machine always ignore these errors and will just print regardless of paper type? Has to be a fix for this whole system is completely bonkers.

You should set the thickness at the machine and never have to worry about it on a computer. Any one found a fix?

Cheers,
Fishy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xscotty1990
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Hello fishleg,

i think the easiest way would be one driver only for thick paper called "thick paper" or something and one driver onkly for 80gr. paper. Customer has just to choose the driver.

Greetings

Scotty

fishleg
07-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah cheers we tried that if you put all the trays to thick 1 including plain paper. Default driver to paper tray - auto and paper type thick 1 it works fine when choosing a tray from any where.

Side effect plain paper comes out slower. Still not ideal though if you got a machine with many different paper types.

Any other ideas? Shame can't just get machine to just print...

xscotty1990
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Does the customer use the first tray/secondtray for plain paper and also for thick paper?
Why not using one tray only for 110gr. paper and one only for 80gr paper?

greets

Scotty

stevena86
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Sometimes you just have to have semi-intelligent end-users. It's a problem the entire industry faces.

fishleg
07-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Does the customer use the first tray/secondtray for plain paper and also for thick paper?
Why not using one tray only for 110gr. paper and one only for 80gr paper?

greets

Scotty
Yeah both trays different thickness. Problem is if you choose a tray through word it always sends the job as plain paper then annoying wrong paper type error appears...

fishleg
07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Sometimes you just have to have semi-intelligent end-users. It's a problem the entire industry faces.
Problem is educating 100 odd people across three offices is impossible. From a users point the way it works is not productive at all to go into print properties every time to print.

What makes this harder is there old printer would just print using what ever thickness was set at the printer.

Can't believe there's not a tick box in the driver that just says as long as I pick a tray I want you the machine to just print regardless of paper type.

kingarthur
07-11-2014, 12:09 PM
there is a setting on the m/c, but not sure if it'll help, go to "utility", "user settings", "system settings", "paper tray settings","no matching paper tray settings", change it to "switch trays", as I said, not sure it'll help, bit it's worth a try :D

copier addict
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Printing thick paper with plain paper settings causes quality issues. The toner will not fuse properly and it will stick to the upper roller. So, the choices are either have the people use the proper settings or not.

fishleg
07-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Printing thick paper with plain paper settings causes quality issues. The toner will not fuse properly and it will stick to the upper roller. So, the choices are either have the people use the proper settings or not.
Yeah totally agree... problem is it only takes one person to forget and calls for copy quality issues continue..

Been dealing with Konica's since 7022 days and this issue has followed me all the way lol.

No way to get the machine to go by settings at the machine and ignore print driver type settings?

CompyTech
07-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Totally agree, this is a problem that plagues us all..

If I change the setting in the driver I shouldn't have to change it on the machine.. It should just work.. - It should.. But it doesn't

The machine setting will overwrite your printer settings.. Problem is, you get in office situations like you described you get:

End users that put thick paper in the wrong tray, or forget to change the settings, or forgets how to change settings all together.. Suddenly everyone's screaming over a crisis, that all it takes is a simple paper tray setting to fix.

occus
07-15-2014, 12:53 PM
You can enable a special function... after that, you can choose the papertyp on the driver... without adjustments on the machine, without alerts on the machine about wrong paper types.

***edit
i hope i tell the truth... or was this function only for papersize?...

fishleg
07-15-2014, 10:15 PM
You can enable a special function... after that, you can choose the papertyp on the driver... without adjustments on the machine, without alerts on the machine about wrong paper types.

***edit
i hope i tell the truth... or was this function only for papersize?...
What special function please tell :)?

Custom Search