PDA

View Full Version : Printer MIB

Custom Search

pepper38_cnd
07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
I have a Customer request a MIB for his BH C360, C352, and 361 ? all I could find on the KM site was this:
MIB API The Konica Minolta printers and MFPs support the Konica Minolta Enterprise MIB, as well as a broad range of Standard MIBs (such as MIB-II, Host Resource MIB, Printer MIB, Printer Port Monitor MIB, Job Monitoring MIB and others). For all printers / MFPs the Konica Minolta Developer Support Portal offers “MIB Implementation Specifications”, which explain the MIB implementation details for the specific products.

In addition, the Konica Minolta Enterprise MIB file in the ASN.1 notation, and a general definition of the Konica Minolta Enterprise MIB are available as resources for DSP Gold level members.

Obviously I'm not a Gold Level Developer ! LOL But just thought I'd ask if anyone had access to these files if they might share?

Thanks

minimerlin
07-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Those damn Men In Black get every where!lol Sorry just could not resist that.:rolleyes:

pepper38_cnd
07-11-2014, 11:21 PM
That's ok I thought the same thing when I got the request!

EarthKmTech
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Is this for his non konica minolta branded, third party accounting software to pull usage stats off the machines ? ;)

I know what i'd be saying.....

Starts with G and ends with AGF, but in a more polite fashion ;)

TheOwl
07-13-2014, 11:42 PM
We tried years ago to get the Konica Minolta Private MIB and they wouldn't release it to us, even though we are Konica Minolta dealers.

The reason they won't release it to just anyone is because you then have access to the core of the machine and you are able to do things such as reset the meter count, change machine specific information, wipe serial numbers and all sorts of other cool stuff.

What were your plans to use the MIB for in the first place?

pepper38_cnd
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks Owl
The customer has some software to poll all of their various printers and report meter readings, supply levels, and a variety of other info. In order to accomplish this they must enter the printer MIB which will cover all functions or an OID for each individual function. This is how it was explained to me. I really have no direct knowledge of this stuff! But it got passed on to me and I am trying to figure it out.

ivovb
07-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks Owl
The customer has some software to poll all of their various printers and report meter readings, supply levels, and a variety of other info. In order to accomplish this they must enter the printer MIB which will cover all functions or an OID for each individual function. This is how it was explained to me. I really have no direct knowledge of this stuff! But it got passed on to me and I am trying to figure it out.

MIB is part of a SNMP. Check web interface (KM PSWC) - admin log in - network - SNMP. You have to enter information that requires your software.

BR

TheOwl
07-16-2014, 11:26 PM
You don't actually need the Konica Minolta MIB for this as the machine conform to a standard printers RFC meaning you can use a generic MIB to obtain this information. I can't remember the RFC standard to which Konica Minolta devices align with, but I am sure a quick Google search will help you.

Just to get you on track with SNMP, an OID (Object Identifier) is like an SNMP Address where particular information is held within the machine. There are thousands of OID's within the public SNMP community that can be read without using the manufacturers MIB. Below is a link which will show you a simple SNMP structure (with only relevant info rather than all OID's).

Free Printer-MIB SNMP MIB Download - Free MIB Download - Search MIBs - OiDViEW (http://www.oidview.com/mibs/0/Printer-MIB.html)

wseyller
07-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Is it required that they have to use their particular software? Because there are solutions already that does this stuff. These vendors have special access to the MIB because they are software developers. We use Print Audit Facilities Manager that will collect meters, supply levels and more. You can also setup alerts for consumables and also create reports. We manage many customers this way and the customer can have access to their own site thru a web login.

Custom Search