PDA

View Full Version : keycounter interface / foreign interface details

Custom Search

aegington
07-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Dear group this is a bit of an ask but im trying to find out details on how to connect a Pcounter to the vending interface of a bizhub c252 i told it does have a interface connection but what im trying to find out is connector details and possible pinouts so i can make a lead to connect using correct connectors etc the connect i need is 8/9 pins does anyone have technical details of such a thing the interface is refered to as foreign interface or keycounter

if anyone knows of any usful information that could help that would be great thankyou

Andre

emujo
07-11-2014, 08:45 PM
The manufacturer should have an interface cable made up for the model you need. This is the best option, because, if you are wrong on the connections, you will blow the system board. Our KM devices are 4(maybe 6) pin connectors. Emujo

jotunn
07-12-2014, 10:23 AM
You can find vender interface on PWB-SIF - small L shaped board at the back of the machine. Below connection schematics.

aegington
07-12-2014, 01:16 PM
You can find vender interface on PWB-SIF - small L shaped board at the back of the machine. Below connection schematics.

thankyou for this information does anyone know if i need the interface kit or if i can connect a pcounter pro terminal straight to it

TheOwl
07-13-2014, 11:51 PM
You can connect directly to the Plug-In Counter plug or solder directly to the wires, BUT DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

The other thing is that depending on what you are trying to achieve, this plug may be of no use to you as it will simply count A4 and A3 clicks, not B&W vs. Colour.

aegington
07-14-2014, 07:07 AM
You can connect directly to the Plug-In Counter plug or solder directly to the wires, BUT DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

The other thing is that depending on what you are trying to achieve, this plug may be of no use to you as it will simply count A4 and A3 clicks, not B&W vs. Colour.

Hi thanks what i am trying to achive here is accounting i have large office i have a pcounter software with terminal the terminal has 4 optoisolated connections and 2 relays it connects back to the server using a username /id and pin or swipe and pin the user needs to put in there id and pin it will then allow printing according to how much credit they have all im trying to do is have accounting settup im not aware of any embedded applications due to age of this c252 so im having to use third party hardware

trying to figure out where everything goes is the problem im an engineer but im stuck as to where everything connects i cant get wiring diagram for pcounter pro pc206 terminal so at this time im stuck

Mr Spock
07-14-2014, 10:58 PM
That machine should have account track built in to the machine. Turn it on load username and password then download readings at end of month.

aegington
07-14-2014, 11:10 PM
That machine should have account track built in to the machine. Turn it on load username and password then download readings at end of month.

thanks but thats not a soloution i wish to use I already have this and involves inputing usernames while im onsite with pcounter yu can create users and give credit if they use up there credit then they cant print which is what im looking at doing all im lookng for is where i connect 4 opto iptoisolated connects and a relay whci the pcounter pro has if i have to take readings all the while that involves going into the office whcih isent always helpful

Custom Search