PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C20 Tming Belts

Custom Search

Phrag
07-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

So, I'm looking at a C20 that has presented with a sort of "grinding" noise.

It's occurring somewhere around the timing belts in the horizontal transport section. I know it is, because I can see it.

I'm wondering whether it's common for those timing belts to stretch; thus slipping. I'm actually leaning towards the largest of the belts as the one at fault.

Alternatively, is it common for any of the bushings to become tighter during colder weather, thus causing excess resistance; thus causing the belt to slip on the gears?

I'm going to revisit it and lubricate the bushings and shafts that I can, anyway and update this thread, but in the meantime, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Phrag
07-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Well, I've lubricated the 2 dozen spots where things rotate or rub in a bushing and what-not, and it seems to be OK for now.

Luckily it isn't too difficult to put the unit out.

Hansoon
07-14-2014, 05:47 AM
I've lubricated the 2 dozen spots where things rotate or rub in a bushing

Hopefully the gem will be replaced anyway before those bushings gum up again........

Hans

Phrag
07-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Hopefully the gem will be replaced anyway before those bushings gum up again........

Hans

Here's hoping.

EarthKmTech
07-14-2014, 10:00 AM
I have machines jamming in this section too. Presumably its the same problem these are all well over 300k.

Shame you cant just order and replace this complete section as a unit, or can you ?

SmellsHot
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
We've had to replace those timing belts in horizontal conveyance on a few of our c20's in the field....Kinda a pain in the butt.....

Phrag
07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
I was actually surprised at how easy it was to get the unit out.

2 metal braces keeping the doc feeder flinging too far back (4 screws) , a plastic jesus clip and a plug jack and the top part slides out. The bottom bit slides out forward and voila; You can change the belts easy as. all within 5 minutes. In fact, cleaning the rollers was the hardest part.

Custom Search