PDA

View Full Version : Ic-305 windows 7 trial and error

Custom Search

methogod
07-14-2014, 06:26 AM
My dumb ass decided that the new Command Workstation needed to be installed on my RIP. I always test the new CWS on my desktops and it worked great.

So installed on IC-305 whihc is running XPe 32 bit, 3.0a - which ill get back to.

The 5.6 version did not install correctly and just ruin the install. I think it didnt finish install the extended applications, and because of unknown reason there was no fixing it. Tried to manually uninstall and re-install and got no where. I was able to make it thought the week using a desktop version of CMW just not on the local RIP.

Over the weekend i tried to install Windows 7, and manually installed System 9, and Extended applications 4.1 which took great. 4.1 is one step back from 5.6 i tink its 5.5 something it works ok.

Go it all tweaked and working, just couldnt find a driver that would install the EFI Serial Card. The driver was there for XP, but wouldn't "turn on" then i even tried to pull it from the Ic-306 which is newer that didn't work. SO back to the drawing board.

If anyone has this figured out it will make your rip so much faster. it looked and worked great. Just without the Serial card its just a expensive grey box.

Albonline
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM
played with this for weeks and gave up. the fusion card will not work with anything but xp.

methogod
07-14-2014, 09:28 PM
yes, i found that out myself.

But i did install XP pro and got all the drivers working just fine. If i see any issues ill let you know but the full feature of the OS makes a huge differnce with running more then just Command workstation.

I can run adobe acrobat 10 now without issue, and that's a huge deal for our workflow...

any chance you know what kind of ram i can put in there, i have room for 4gb, only have 3gb.

I know its ddr2 4200, but board says it takes ECC but every program that tells me the dimm info says non Ecc.
any one clear that up..

thanks,

Albonline
07-15-2014, 03:27 PM
non ecc but the key is to install matched sets of 2,some early versions of the main board were ecc only

methogod
07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
so any 1gb sticks will work i will try it out - I only keep samsung and better memory in stock anyway.

cant imagine the rip with only 512 or 1gb ram. Would never use it...

thanks,

Custom Search