PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C654 - Fails Then Works

Custom Search

alaskajoe
07-14-2014, 06:57 PM
I am troubleshooting a Konica Minolta c654 machine in our office setting. This machine is networked, and seems to be working just fine for users to send print docs to the machine, and copy jobs while standing at it also work fine. When users try to scan a document directly to either their email or a desktop (SMB) folder, though, it almost always fails the first time (error deletion) and then works after that. If it is left for a while, it reverts back to fail the first time, then works. Super annoying. Can anyone give me some advice? All my settings look correct.

emujo
07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Verify you are using the correct DNS server, DNS Domain info is correct, then turn off the "auto retrieve" for both DNS server, and DNS Domain. If this fails, try using the IP address of the host (SMB) or mail server. If this works then the problem lies in the DNS settings. You can try using a public domain DNS server, or their router address. Emujo

alaskajoe
07-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Verify you are using the correct DNS server, DNS Domain info is correct, then turn off the "auto retrieve" for both DNS server, and DNS Domain. If this fails, try using the IP address of the host (SMB) or mail server. If this works then the problem lies in the DNS settings. You can try using a public domain DNS server, or their router address. Emujo

The "auto" for DNS server and domain are both off. Mail server is through Google's Gmail which is 8.8.8.8, and that's in place as well.

The settings are exactly the same as they are for the other Konica machine we have in the office, but the result is different here as described. Always fails on the first scan out attempt, then works for an unspecificed amount of time thereafter.

Driving me bonkers.

TheOwl
07-15-2014, 11:47 PM
8.8.8.8 is a Google Public DNS Server, same as 8.8.4.4

We have had some troubles like this at high latency sites and the best way to deal with the issue was to simply change to IP addresses instead of DNS Host Names.

If you are using 8.8.8.8 for your DNS server setting, there is a chance that the machine won't resolve the IP address internally of PC that you are scanning to as the Google DNS server doesn't have inbound access to your network.

Another trick I found that works with these machines is simply turning on DDNS. I don't know why this has helped, but it just does for some reason.

mo0651
07-16-2014, 02:50 PM
There is a default setting under the network portion in admin... 'SSD P PROTOCAL" it comes default "on"... DSM had us disable this setting for the exact same reason. Server connect error on
the first attempt. Changed that setting and problem gone.

Custom Search