PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224 Firmware Fail

Custom Search

kalimero
07-17-2014, 03:46 PM
PLS Help
I have done this a million times but today the firmware download wouldn't end,
even after 3h it continued to say downloading on the screen for all of the boards MFP Printer and scanner.
I had to shutdown the machine but now i get nothing when i start it , the screen is black and nothing happens.
I know that the ROM is deleted but is there some other procedure to upload the firmware.

Big tnx to all who reply

TheOwl
07-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Try it again with slightly lower version of firmware and just double check that your USB stick is alright in another machine.

RRodgers
07-18-2014, 02:05 AM
As Owl has suggested try a lower firmware but I would try a new card/thumb drive. Since doing a million firmwares on it might have taken up it's life.

JR2ALTA
07-18-2014, 03:32 AM
For future reference, always start a ticket with Konica when firmware locks up. You'll have a better chance of getting a warranty board than if you call after the fact.

wseyller
07-18-2014, 04:03 AM
If you try again see if there is any activity from the data light on the USB stick. It should start blinking shorty after power on even before the firmware screen appears.

kalimero
07-18-2014, 08:21 AM
tnx to all suggestions
tried another USB Stick but nothing happens.

I put the USB, start the machine and nothing happens ,
the screen remains black , no activity whatsoever.
I think that the boards have deleted there program and now there is no way to load new one.

All suggestions are welcome

tervel12
07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Try holding down the Reset button while powering it on and with your USB drive plugged in. This should take you to a panel calibration screen and you can calibrate the touch panel. I don't know what happens if you do nothing, but if you calibrate the touch screen and then wait 30 seconds, firmware update is supposed to automatically start. This is in the service manual on page G-13.

If that doesn't work, try removing the memory and hdd one at a time and see if the machine powers on. You could have a bad memory stick or faulty hard drive.

kalimero
07-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Tnx Terver 12
I put a new HDD and it booted up ,
i uploaded new FW and is all good now.
It is strange that the HDD fail is caused by firmware failure, but im glad to see it fixed.
Tnx to all

copier tech
07-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Maybe next time try formating the drive, then try the firmware?

Custom Search