PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI183 continually runs

Custom Search

Ricky965
04-11-2008, 05:43 PM
New customer has a DI-183 that continually runs. The drive gears and rollers are turning. They say that there are no error lights displayed.
I thought that perhaps it is in the process of mixing developer and toner. I haven't seen the machine yet, but plan on going to the site Monday. It has 102,000 copies on it. Can anyone help?

mitchl
04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
New customer has a DI-183 that continually runs. The drive gears and rollers are turning. They say that there are no error lights displayed.
I thought that perhaps it is in the process of mixing developer and toner. I haven't seen the machine yet, but plan on going to the site Monday. It has 102,000 copies on it. Can anyone help?

Go check it out first, it sounds like a possible DAO problem.

halia_merah
04-15-2008, 11:58 AM

maybe the pick up clutch..but see it first..

Ricky965
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for all your help. It needed toner. After replacing the toner it started and ran normal. First one I'd ever seen that didn't display an error or other code...

Thanks to all. It's making copies again....

mitchl
04-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for all your help. It needed toner. After replacing the toner it started and ran normal. First one I'd ever seen that didn't display an error or other code...

Thanks to all. It's making copies again....

Just as I suspected a DAO problem.............. God bless an owners manual!:rolleyes:

ni311
05-10-2008, 04:42 PM
I had same problem with the DI152 in the past. If you open the front door and trick the door sensor, you'll see that the toner bottle keeps turning. Even the toner bottle is empty, the toner empty indicator is not lighting up....

Rudi
05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
i get it alot on these models more especially the di 2510 3510 models only crapy part is on these machines it tends to stuff-up the toner bracket (no joy replacing those mothers).

ni311
05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
With the above models I had problems when users misplaced the toner bottle. If it is not inserted right, the gears that drives the toner bottles brake. It's not a pleasure to replace these gears, believe me...

Custom Search