PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Paper Type/Weight Combination in C652 DS

Custom Search

Phrag
07-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Just a quick question regarding A4 300gsm & Half Gloss (photo paper).

I can't find a spec sheet which says the C652DS can run this combination. It's either 300gsm or Glossy, but never both.

A customer is having issues with it jamming seemingly only with this stuff. I can see it's slipping. The first time I caught it, it was trying to pass that S-Bend part of the horizontal transport.

I've cleaned all the rollers (as we all know they get pretty bad) and that made it marginally better, but I'd still like some sort of closure as to whether this combination is supported.

Iowatech
07-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Just a quick question regarding A4 300gsm & Half Gloss (photo paper).

I can't find a spec sheet which says the C652DS can run this combination. It's either 300gsm or Glossy, but never both.

A customer is having issues with it jamming seemingly only with this stuff. I can see it's slipping. The first time I caught it, it was trying to pass that S-Bend part of the horizontal transport.

I've cleaned all the rollers (as we all know they get pretty bad) and that made it marginally better, but I'd still like some sort of closure as to whether this combination is supported.

Um, I've only worked on analog Konicas, so take this with a grain of salt.
Still, at least the factory spec sheet is there to prevent unrealistic expectations over the long run (many brand new machines can process unusual things at first, but as the machine matures that will not always be the case). Sounds a little like that place has this problem.
Sorry if I am entirely wrong.

Phrag
07-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Um, I've only worked on analog Konicas, so take this with a grain of salt.
Still, at least the factory spec sheet is there to prevent unrealistic expectations over the long run (many brand new machines can process unusual things at first, but as the machine matures that will not always be the case). Sounds a little like that place has this problem.
Sorry if I am entirely wrong.

That is my thought; Lo and Behold they said "But we've done this before and it worked fine. No Problems."

So, now we've got to take a 3 hour round trip back out there to pick up the specialty stock they order from Brisbane and try it at our office.

250gsm Shimmer Stock works fine. It's just the 300gsm stuff.

Cheers for the reply Iowa.

blackcat4866
07-18-2014, 01:54 AM
As you probably already know glossy media of any weight is always an ongoing problem. The glossy media sloughs off onto the rubber and metal rollers, and you will forever be trying to keep them clean.

This is one of those times when common sense can come into play. I was working on an Okidata printer, and the print shop was trying to get 360gsm glossy stock through it. It went something like this:

Me: ... so you say the plain 360gsm paper feeds, but the glossy does not?
Enduser: Yes, but the machine specs say I can run up to 320gsm stock.
Me: 360 is more than 320gsm.
Enduser: But it only a little more.
Me: ... and it's glossy.
Enduser: But it's within machine specs.
Me: If 360 is still more than 320gsm, then it's not within specs, and it's glossy. My professional opinion here, is that if it's almost within specs, it's fully out of specs, and it doesn't feed. What more do we need to know?

=^..^=

Phrag
07-18-2014, 02:56 AM
As you probably already know glossy media of any weight is always an ongoing problem. The glossy media sloughs off onto the rubber and metal rollers, and you will forever be trying to keep them clean.

This is one of those times when common sense can come into play. I was working on an Okidata printer, and the print shop was trying to get 360gsm glossy stock through it. It went something like this:

Me: ... so you say the plain 360gsm paper feeds, but the glossy does not?
Enduser: Yes, but the machine specs say I can run up to 320gsm stock.
Me: 360 is more than 320gsm.
Enduser: But it only a little more.
Me: ... and it's glossy.
Enduser: But it's within machine specs.
Me: If 360 is still more than 320gsm, then it's not within specs, and it's glossy. My professional opinion here, is that if it's almost within specs, it's fully out of specs, and it doesn't feed. What more do we need to know?

=^..^=

Got a good giggle out of that one.

Photocentres and the newsagents are some of the worst when it comes to these things."

Anyway, cheers for the reply. I'm not rushing it, and I've already told them its likely not possible the type/weigh combination is supported, even if it did run flawlessly in the begnning.

emujo
07-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Here's the C652 guide. Emujo25714

Custom Search