PDA

View Full Version : BH282/250 - key counter connector 4 pin -> no count impulse

Custom Search

Gift
07-18-2014, 01:46 PM
This does really break my balls ;)

Recently I set up a few BH284e in a copyshop with primitive key counters without any issues and now we want to do the same with a BH282. I entered the tech mode -> stop 9 -> and choosed "key counter only". After this you can lock/unlock the machine but it doesn't count. Back in the shop I gave it anothy try with a BH250 and same thing -> lock/unlock OK but no count signal. I'm using the same test equipment I used for the BH284 and the counter triggers fine if I trigger it via some 24v power supply.

Is there anything I forgot setting-wise? I couldn't find any other instruction than "set it up to key counter only and you are good to go...."

I know there's a bulletin explaining you need to set up a bit switch but that's just needed if you need to count pc prints.

thx for any hints

oldschool
07-18-2014, 05:49 PM
There are other counter settings but I think they only control it counts per page or per copy process. There may be an option for a plug in counter vs. another device. I don't remember any though.
Check with a volt meter to be sure you're at least getting the 24 V pulse. I've seen some of those counters with a diode built in that makes them polarity specific or copier may simply not have enough current to trip the meter.

As for your first symptom I recommend an ice pack and some rest.

TheOwl
07-20-2014, 11:51 PM
What happens if you push the machine into Vendor Mode 2 in the Billing Management screen?

Have you also double checked the wiring for the Enable and Pulse pair? I can't remember which way around it goes, but one pair is fussy on the the polarity while the other pair can be hooked up either way. I have a feeling though that it is the count line which needs special attention paid to the polarity as the enable is simply like a loop with a switch in the middle.

Gift
07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah it was my fault - my test cable/counter had an improper contact or a broken wire - unfortunately it gave me no bad behavior when I was testing the wires with a multimeter so I ruled it out too early :p

So it's working fine if you set it to key counter only

As for your first symptom I recommend an ice pack and some rest.

;)

Custom Search