PDA

View Full Version : Vendor interface

Custom Search

aegington
07-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi im hoping somebody can answer a question in relation to a 9 pin vendor connector for c250 bizhub I bought a loom cable for pcounter pro having taken the back off my copier i notice the connector is a 9 pin connector and is blue the loom i was sold is 8 pin am i missing the vk501 vendor kit or am i missing somthing else

Regards Andre

oldschool
07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
The VK-501 should not be needed. The older Konica Minolta serial connectors were 9 pin. All the newer ones are 8 pin. If I'm not mistaken the VK-501 adapts a flat 9 position to a U shaped 12 position connector. That connector looks like the doc feeder connector. We used to require the VK-501 but found it was not needed as we could connect directly to the 9 position connector. You'll have to go back to P-counter and get the right connector. They can also tell you if they require the VK-501.

aegington
07-18-2014, 04:47 PM
The VK-501 should not be needed. The older Konica Minolta serial connectors were 9 pin. All the newer ones are 8 pin. If I'm not mistaken the VK-501 adapts a flat 9 position to a U shaped 12 position connector. That connector looks like the doc feeder connector. We used to require the VK-501 but found it was not needed as we could connect directly to the 9 position connector. You'll have to go back to P-counter and get the right connector. They can also tell you if they require the VK-501.

thanks typical company i cant return the cable either as i refused to signup to a 1 year contract and pay a guy an engineer to fit it theres 6 wires how hard could this be for goodness sake
theres a ttls to rs232 converter and a cable to the pcounter from it

oldschool
07-18-2014, 05:39 PM
If they sold it they should support it! But I digress. My only thought is for you to grab the wiring diagram from a C253 or another model that uses the 8 position connector. Compare that to the C250 wiring diagram. You may be able to match up the required signals for P-Counter. You could also end up destroying boards in both pieces of hardware so it may be worth purchasing another cable from P-Counter.

Custom Search