PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 Touch Screen Not Responding - Scan function

Custom Search

vogmusic
07-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Hello,
I'm new here, thanks for all your useful comments in the forum.
I recently got a used Bizhub 350, worked fine so far. 3 days ago, the touch panel didn't respond, I restarted the machine and went back to life. Yesterday, same thing happened, but after several times restarting yesterday and today, it doesn't work. Yesterday morning, I cleaned the panel with a slightly wet cloth, I'm not sure if that's what happened or it's just mere coincidence. I appreciate your help.

Also, is there any way to scan from a Mac?
Thanks for all your comments!

Splatt
07-20-2014, 02:05 PM
First off, I'm not a tech, just an optimistic end user.
The problem can be caused by a bit of crud somewhere causing an 'always on' situation. Try running a business card around the bezel to dislodge or remove anything that might be there. Failing that, if you can remove the panel and give it a clean that might do the trick.
I'm not familiar with the 350, but my 6500 also has a USB at the rear of the unit, which, when you insert a USB mouse causes a pointer to magically appear! Got me out of trouble a couple of times.

If you are using a Fiery and command workstation it comes with an application for remote scan.

Hope this helps, until someone more knowledgeable comes along!

Steve.

Hansoon
07-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Let a tech replace the touch panel. No other way around it. The touch panel deteriorates with time and must be replaced.

Hans

vogmusic
07-20-2014, 06:37 PM
First off, I'm not a tech, just an optimistic end user.
The problem can be caused by a bit of crud somewhere causing an 'always on' situation. Try running a business card around the bezel to dislodge or remove anything that might be there. Failing that, if you can remove the panel and give it a clean that might do the trick.
I'm not familiar with the 350, but my 6500 also has a USB at the rear of the unit, which, when you insert a USB mouse causes a pointer to magically appear! Got me out of trouble a couple of times.

If you are using a Fiery and command workstation it comes with an application for remote scan.

Hope this helps, until someone more knowledgeable comes along!

Steve.

Thanks Steve! It worked! I used a very thin plastic instead, a lot of things came out. This unit doesn't have USB that I'm aware of. Let's see how long it lasts.
Thanks for the scanning info, researching now :)

Let a tech replace the touch panel. No other way around it. The touch panel deteriorates with time and must be replaced.

Hans

Thanks Hans, I know it's an old unit and I'll have to replace parts sooner or later...

Custom Search