PDA

View Full Version : bizhub pro c500 sc23-05

Custom Search

brotherlarry
07-21-2014, 02:44 PM
I had a transfer drive motor go bad replaced it then started getting sc23-05 checked all the conectors, drum units, swapped the yellow drum drive still the problem. The drum motors run fine in diagnostic mode and will initialize till it gets ready to print fiery test page then trows the code. Of course the manual says replace all the boards (being sarcastic) they always say replace all the boards)
I know the problem is staring me in the face. Any "technical" insight would be helpful.

(I have the manuals, learning to read them would be helpful))

mikeena
07-22-2014, 09:51 PM
I had a transfer drive motor go bad replaced it then started getting sc23-05 checked all the conectors, drum units, swapped the yellow drum drive still the problem. The drum motors run fine in diagnostic mode and will initialize till it gets ready to print fiery test page then trows the code. Of course the manual says replace all the boards (being sarcastic) they always say replace all the boards)
I know the problem is staring me in the face. Any "technical" insight would be helpful.

(I have the manuals, learning to read them would be helpful))

i coundl be wrong but this is what i would check. if you slide out the transfer belt section reach behind it there will be a section that has 3 sensors on it to the left of where the belt use to sit. there is a lift plate on each one. if you raise it there is a sensor wipe it off. push back in the unit and it should work. once again i can be wrong its been a long day but i think those sensors throw that code as well as others i think they are called registration sensors. they get dirty and tend to throw codes

brotherlarry
07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Pulled out the unit cleaned the sensors assembled still get sc23-05 UGHHH! @#$#@$$@@#$!
:confused:
Hammer Time!!!!!

mikeena
07-25-2014, 03:37 AM
Pulled out the unit cleaned the sensors assembled still get sc23-05 UGHHH! @#$#@$$@@#$!
:confused:
Hammer Time!!!!!

SC23-05, SC23-06, SC23-07, or SC23-08.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:

1.The hex screw in the center of the flywheel for the corresponding drum motor is loose.

Tighten the hex screws in the middle of the four drum drive (M14, M15, M16, and M17) flywheels.

2. The PC drum cleaning blade flipped over and is causing excess friction against the PC drum.

Replace the PC drum cleaning blade (p/n 4969 1008 01).

MontySharkly
07-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Mikeena, I am having sc23-05,06,07 alternately.

Where can I see a picture of the procedures you just mentioned?
mthis is to say I don't know where or what the drum motor looks like or is. neither do i know where the pc drum cleaning blade is.

Do I have to clear codes after I adjust hex screws for printer to come online, or will it do so when the issue is fixed?

mikeena
07-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Mikeena, I am having sc23-05,06,07 alternately.

Where can I see a picture of the procedures you just mentioned?
mthis is to say I don't know where or what the drum motor looks like or is. neither do i know where the pc drum cleaning blade is.

Do I have to clear codes after I adjust hex screws for printer to come online, or will it do so when the issue is fixed?

No no you don't have to reset any codes the flywheels are in the back pull the back cover off the machine down the middle of the machine you will see 4 flywheels with the hex screw those are ehar it's talking about I wish I had a pic to send you tonight but I don't I'll see if I can get one on Monday but if you open the back you will see them easily

MontySharkly
07-27-2014, 03:27 PM
No no you don't have to reset any codes the flywheels are in the back pull the back cover off the machine down the middle of the machine you will see 4 flywheels with the hex screw those are ehar it's talking about I wish I had a pic to send you tonight but I don't I'll see if I can get one on Monday but if you open the back you will see them easilyMikeena,Thanks for the reply.Few more questions,Where is the pc drum located?This should be a relatively easy fix then?Are codes displayed with most important code first and the lesser important codes down toward the bottom?What code would it shoot if the drum itself were missing?I guess I am wondering that if I manage to control the sc23-05, 06, 07 codes, is there a chance of another code popping up right after as a direct result of clearing the previous codes.Lastly, with only those codes showing, in your opinion, do you this it is a good investment to buy this machine?What other diagnostics besides the 229 process the fiery does can I use to ensure the machine is fully functioning?To thread op, not trying to hijack your thread, started a new one but recieved no response so I added my problem here.

mikeena
07-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Mikeena,Thanks for the reply.Few more questions,Where is the pc drum located?This should be a relatively easy fix then?Are codes displayed with most important code first and the lesser important codes down toward the bottom?What code would it shoot if the drum itself were missing?I guess I am wondering that if I manage to control the sc23-05, 06, 07 codes, is there a chance of another code popping up right after as a direct result of clearing the previous codes.Lastly, with only those codes showing, in your opinion, do you this it is a good investment to buy this machine?What other diagnostics besides the 229 process the fiery does can I use to ensure the machine is fully functioning?To thread op, not trying to hijack your thread, started a new one but recieved no response so I added my problem here.

the pc drum is located when you open the machine they are behind the transfer belt codes are displayed by order of things the machine checks for so yes after those codes are cleared it is possiable another would come up but you are having registration errors so no major codes are happening. depending on how much the machine is would decide if its a good buy. Konica no longer supports or makes some parts for it. the machine is considered a dead machine to them. I would personally look for a newer machine 500 had a few issues with it exp. like what you are having. if the drum was missing I don't know what code it would show I have never tried it

MontySharkly
07-28-2014, 11:45 PM
the pc drum is located when you open the machine they are behind the transfer belt codes are displayed by order of things the machine checks for so yes after those codes are cleared it is possiable another would come up but you are having registration errors so no major codes are happening. depending on how much the machine is would decide if its a good buy. Konica no longer supports or makes some parts for it. the machine is considered a dead machine to them. I would personally look for a newer machine 500 had a few issues with it exp. like what you are having. if the drum was missing I don't know what code it would show I have never tried it Thanks again, This one I can pick up for $200 but if it will cause me more headaches and money than what its worth, i would rather buy another machine. My budget for the machine itself is around 500 or so total (trying to print this book remember) I two other machines that I am considering. Both of these should be in working order. I am looking for an affordable solution for printing books/booklets.

Custom Search