PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 lost network tab in admin settings

Custom Search

brent
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
just verified that it did indeed loose its tab inthe admin mode. they were printing to it. but the ip was too close to another machine
so they went in to change it. and the tab is missing . any thoughts?

thanks again
brent

blackcat4866
07-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Shut the machine down, then boot it up off the network. It should come back. I had one machine that took 10 times of rebooting to see the network tab. =^..^=

Mr Spock
07-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Network menu button is missing from Admin Mode.

CAUSE: Corrupt NVRAM and/or failed PWB-MFP.

SOLUTION: To correct:
1. Perform an "All Data Clear" under Service Mode g System 1 g Initialization.
2. If that does not work, perform the NVRAM Recovery Procedure (not available for all models).
Please wait approximately 10 minutes for the tabs to appear. Be patient; DO NOT power cycle the machine as that only restarts the wait process.

brent
07-22-2014, 10:41 PM
I did the add data clear and specified the bottom left for network setting data and highlighted it
and just initialized it. it did take almost ten minutes for the tab to reappear. thanks youguys so much
youguys rock

brent

emujo
07-22-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm still a little confused by the "IP was too close" comment. As long as they are different, what would having X.X.X.10, and X.X.X.11 cause??? Emujo

brent
07-22-2014, 11:14 PM
emujo. I am sure there is another term for it. but the fact is. they wanted to change the ip. and the network tab in the admin setting was not there. now it is. thanks to you folks.
this is why I stay out of networks.. lol
brent

Custom Search