PDA

View Full Version : EDH registration problem

Custom Search

mtech
04-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Konica Minolta Di 551 EDH registration is off by half to one inch intermittantly. In the direction of paper travel. Replaced all ps sensors on doc feed, rollers are new. I am now thinking of replacing the conveyance motor, clutch and all one ways on doc feed. anyone have any idea's?

ebm
04-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Is it the EDH registration (original)or the 2nd paper feed registration (copy) that is varying intermittently? Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a timing clutch. I think the EDH and 2nd paper feed clutches are the same.

nmfaxman
04-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Check one way bearings and if I remember right, a paper dust collector under a white roller that will cause a bind. Been a couple of years since I worked on this box.

mtech
04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I have cleaned the dust collector and even ran it with the collector removed. The copies off the glass are okay it is just the EDH that has the issue. If you run one sheet through the EDH, all output from the machine will either be good or bad. If you send multiple pages through the EDH the output will vary good and bad. I only see one electric clutch on the EDH. There is also a one way on the preregistration roller and one for the paper feed section. I would think if the one ways on the pick up and feed follers were slipping I would be getting jamming rather than registration issues. The registration roller/ conveyance roller is driven by a stepper motor. I was thinking about replacing this motor, the one ways and electric clutch. ( I have cleaned these one ways and clutch but it made no difference) The other thing I tried was to adust the ps loop, but this also made no difference.

Speedy
04-17-2008, 03:23 AM
The black mylar that covers the registration sensor on the bottom of the EDH gets bent down and allows light from the exposure to hit the sensor and fakes out the sensor. Take off the black plastic plate and bent the mylar back up.

mtech
04-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I will certainly check that mylar!
Thanks! (I will post results)

RockETop
04-20-2008, 12:34 AM
The black mylar that covers the registration sensor on the bottom of the EDH gets bent down and allows light from the exposure to hit the sensor and fakes out the sensor. Take off the black plastic plate and bent the mylar back up.

Bingo! My opinion too.

mtech
04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Hey SPEEDY thanks for the info! It was the mylar that you directed me to that was the problem! Got me out of a bad situation!
I owe you one!
Best regards!

mtech

Custom Search