PDA

View Full Version : konica c280 2 sided doc feed trouble

Custom Search

DOE
07-22-2014, 07:56 PM
hi have a konica c280 that when do 2 to 2 sided it jams occasionally. it happens when it takes it back in for 2nd side. first time i went there was some mylar that was bent up and paper was catching on it. i straightened it out and it worked for a day and started jamming again. i dont have any manuals for this machine does anyone have the part number for the long mylar strip in doc feed where 2nd side goes back in. noticed it also jammed a couple times right after it made it past that mylar strip. its about a 9 inch mylar strip it looks like

copier tech
07-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes most likely that mylar guide, here's the part number, I keep a pack of 10 as car stock as my customers always manage to bend them!

9J07470301

EarthKmTech
07-22-2014, 11:28 PM
other than the easiliy accessable top one theres a second mylar like that, to the right of the little jam access door next to the white sponge pad on the bottom of the ADF.

better hope that ones not damaged as its a adf off machine and tear down adf out of frame job to fix.

If all mylars look good and its jamming only with duplex, i have had the duplex gate solenoid out of alignment before, its position is adjustable.

I'm assuming you know about the 4 mylars next to the trasnport roller inside the opened document feeder too. early version fold up and catch duplex feeds all the time.

DOE
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Yes most likely that mylar guide, here's the part number, I keep a pack of 10 as car stock as my customers always manage to bend them!

9J07470301
thank you very much for that part # do you know what the part # is for the 4 mylar strips for the transport rollers that is next to the big mylar strip you gave me the part # for. thanks

copier tech
07-24-2014, 01:30 PM
If they're torn I simply peel them off they have no effect on paper feed.

I'll send you the parts manual ��

EarthKmTech
07-24-2014, 08:53 PM
If they're torn I simply peel them off they have no effect on paper feed.

I'll send you the parts manual ��

On documents with ultra fine print you get a blur line at the point the paper pauses momentarily when it hits the side of those rollers. Documents such as contracts with terms and conditions on the back on certain paper stock.

I've had to reinstall them for that reason before but 99.9% of the time i just remove them - they do actually serve a purpose believe it or not ;)

Custom Search