PDA

View Full Version : Jamming New 951 jamming at drum.

Custom Search

splblazer91
07-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Just set up a new pro 951 and its jamming every 4 or 5 pages at the drum. Getting caught on the drum fingers and folding over. Any suggestions?

blackcat4866
07-23-2014, 01:51 AM
What color is the paper, and is the appropriate color programmed for the tray?

It was nearly impossible to to impress upon my endusers that the color of the paper is important, and if they change from ... say white to blue paper, they must also change the color setting for the tray. The result is that I frequently removed blue paper from the cleaning unit, the primary charge, and the developing unit.

Along the same lines, these same endusers often purposely mis-programmed the trays to 11 x 8 1/2W. I discovered much later on that in the print driver 11 x 8 1/2W is toward the top of the media size list. US Letter (the correct size) is near the bottom of a very long list. So when it was necessary for the enduser to select a print paper size, they inevitably chose the easier to find 11 x 8 1/2W. Naturally, since there is no 11 x 8 1/2W paper, the copier requests "Load 11 x 8 1/2W paper to the Bypass." My enduser responds with "Stupid machine! I'll just make tray#1 11 x 8 1/2W". Now their print will print 11 x 8 1/2W, but the copier can never seem to match the original size 11 x 8 1/2 (US Letter). I can't tell you how many times I've explained this to endusers.

Just trivia: If you select "Blank" media type, you get blank copies. It's designed for inserting blank pages between transparencies. 5 service calls for that.

It became my first thing on all 950/951 service calls, to look at the paper sizes and media color. Most times it was programmed completely wrong. =^..^=

splblazer91
07-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Paper Size is set correctly but i will have to check on paper color though. Pretty sure it said plain paper. Is there anything i could have missed during setup to cause this?

blackcat4866
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't think so. If you can't get your enduser to set the proper paper color you will be continually fishing paper out of the cleaning unit, primary charge, and developing unit. Usually blue paper. Other colors seem to manage OK.

I had one enduser that just flat out denied use of blue paper. Problem solved. =^..^=

splblazer91
07-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Adjusted Xfer timing. Problem Solved.

Custom Search