PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c452 Printing grey areas as green

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
07-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Morning everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. Been a while since i have posted anything. I guess that could mean I have been doing a good job!:D
I have a quick question about a bizhub c452. My customer is a construction company and they noticed something off on their plans. Most of their plans have grey zones on them and when they try to copy them the grey zones are then copied as green. I am kind of stumped. I asked them over the phone what the "original type" is set to and they informed me that it is set to "Text/photo". I then asked them to try and change it to just Text and then try. She did and informed me that the problem is gone. My question is why? The machine has been set as standard "text/photo" for as long as i have been servicing their machine. If anyone could help shed some light on the subject i would be grateful. Even though the problem is solved when setting it to "text" i would still like to fix the problem to avoid complications in the future. Thanks alot for the help.

Have a great day all!

Mitch

habik
07-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Morning everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. Been a while since i have posted anything. I guess that could mean I have been doing a good job!:D
I have a quick question about a bizhub c452. My customer is a construction company and they noticed something off on their plans. Most of their plans have grey zones on them and when they try to copy them the grey zones are then copied as green. I am kind of stumped. I asked them over the phone what the "original type" is set to and they informed me that it is set to "Text/photo". I then asked them to try and change it to just Text and then try. She did and informed me that the problem is gone. My question is why? The machine has been set as standard "text/photo" for as long as i have been servicing their machine. If anyone could help shed some light on the subject i would be grateful. Even though the problem is solved when setting it to "text" i would still like to fix the problem to avoid complications in the future. Thanks alot for the help.

Have a great day all!

Mitch

Would this help? In my personal opinion it is the actual shading conversion. Text mode as such doesn't require specific color match, just shades of grey I think. Might be wrong :)

Option 2:

Clean optics and IDC's and do Image Stabiliser reset and Gradation. Ensure you go to as low on highlights as possible ..range of +- 15-20 ..tadaaa :D

Max
07-23-2014, 09:35 AM
The first thing i would try is to clean the optics and then calibrate it a few times.

copier tech
07-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes if you're not on site i'd get them to run callinration in Expert Ajustment, might not have been done in a while, IU near or passed end of life etc

Kmdurrin
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I've seen this happen when the background removal settings are cranked up too high. Maybe check that if running a fresh set of gradations doesnt help you.

Mitch Barron
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Got back from this customer a few hours ago and you guys nailed it. Problem gone. Ran the train on the machine and tested with no errors. Thanks a bunch. Have a great weekend all!

Mitch

habik
07-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Well done! So was it gradation? Or background reset?

Likewise, have nice weekend!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Mitch Barron
07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Morning!

Nice weekend? Gradation was the problem. Strange how these machines can run for years and out of the blue something odd like this can happen. It's the small detailed problems that I don't understand sometimes. Main thing is that the thing is running now and I have you people to thank. All the best!

Custom Search