PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Lines from edge to edge on Bizhub 6501

Custom Search

silviuwolf
07-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi experts,

Few weeks ago we bought a KM Bizhub 6501 (SH). Now, when we start printing, lines are printed from edge to edge of the page, no matter of size of paper. The most prominent is a magenta line. The lines appear on both faces even if we don't use duplex. After 50-60 pages the lines are cleaned and not appear until... next morning when we start again the machine.

I attached an image from this morning with the problem:

Please advice what happens and how we can fix the problem?

Thank You very much.

CopyJunkie
07-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Toner probably dropped onto the corona units when the machine was moved.

As long as the corona units aren't that old, cleaning them should take care of your problem.

Herrmann
07-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Stripes caused by Corona are not that sharp, they are fuzzy. Check for worn out Magenta and Cyan Drum Scraper, in worst case, the Drums are worn. What is the reading of the Maintenanace Counter?

methogod
07-28-2014, 08:55 AM
bad blades - either worn (and need to be replaced) or are just not being lubricated until you get warmup, there are some settings i would lower the adjustment that cleaned lubes the drums more often.

when you start up you can try doing a belt refresh which will coat the belt in toner and at the same time coat the drums, may waste toner then running unsellable prints.

When you replace drums i would use DU-104 not DU-102C's moving forward especially if you do any kind of volume. I never recomend generic drums but i am testing Katun DU-104s

Custom Search